The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How much of your PageRank are you wasting on Twitter?

D

djbaxter

How Much of YOUR PageRank Are You Wasting on Twitter?
by Aaron Wall, SEOBook.com
Mar 03, 2009

Did you know that search.twitter.com/search?q=%23superbowl currently ranks #9 in Google for superbowl (it was #7 earlier today). Think how much PageRank & link equity is needed to rank for that keyword!!!

All that PageRank must come from somewhere. When people mention you on that silly network, you probably don't get anything of lasting value...it simply steals links that would have occurred on the real web, and replaces them with junk rel=nofollow links, surrounded by trivial bits of content.

...more

I'm not sold on Twitter or Facebook or You Tube.

I've got the minimum profile at each site......haven't done anything with my Twitter account in over a year!

I'm not sold on Twitter or Facebook or You Tube.

I've got the minimum profile at each site......haven't done anything with my Twitter account in over a year!

And you're missing out on a HUGE branding opportunity ;)

It's (marketing) not about Pagerank, how many profiles you have set up, or even the big G themselves (even though that can be part of it)...

It's about people. Period. It always has been, it always will be...find ways to engage your true self with people who will follow that true self...and your business soars.

That's not to say using social media sites to reach those people doesn't take a TON of hard work...but true success only comes when that due is paid. :cool:

As for the article about Twitter, good stuff minstrel...from a technical standpoint Aaron's words ring true.

Joseph, you're preaching to the choir......I'm completely with you 100%

I'm using Yelp, City Voter, City Search, and other UGC's to full advantage.
I network on the forums, and have developed a 5-star reputation in my niche.

What I'm saying is: I don't really NEED FB, MS, or Twit -- at this point.

Don't get me wrong......I never turn down a friend request.
I've also helped one of my relatives (a caterer) with sites like FB.

I'm at page rank 4, and the top of SERP.......without using these sites.

I guess to make PR 5, I would need to take the next step and go to the next level.

Joseph, you're preaching to the choir......I'm completely with you 100%

I'm using Yelp, City Voter, City Search, and other UGC's to full advantage.
I network on the forums, and have developed a 5-star reputation in my niche.

What I'm saying is: I don't really NEED FB, MS, or Twit -- at this point.

Don't get me wrong......I never turn down a friend request.
I've also helped one of my relatives (a caterer) with sites like FB.

I'm at page rank 4, and the top of SERP.......without using these sites.

I guess to make PR 5, I would need to take the next step and go to the next level.

Amen DJMC, sounds like you're on TOP :D

I love hearing that good stuff!

And you're missing out on a HUGE branding opportunity ;)

It's (marketing) not about Pagerank, how many profiles you have set up, or even the big G themselves (even though that can be part of it)...

It's about people. Period. It always has been, it always will be...find ways to engage your true self with people who will follow that true self...and your business soars.

That's not to say using social media sites to reach those people doesn't take a TON of hard work...but true success only comes when that due is paid. :cool:

As for the article about Twitter, good stuff minstrel...from a technical standpoint Aaron's words ring true.

Joseph, totally agree with you! Social marketing IS about people.

Marketing and page rank aside, I just love twitter for what it is.

Email feels so heavy after just tweeting to the world and letting them tweet back. Friends that I barely stayed in touch with - and always wish that I had -are now in touch daily. And I really enjoy that.

banners
Back