The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How much is Traffic worth?

999affiliates

affiliate
My partner has a site which receives a large amount of traffic. Currently they are using affiliated marketing but the amount of traffic the site is receiving it might be more profitable to charge for advertising. my question is, How much too charge? Is there a formula that is used?

Hmmm, don't think there's formula and ad rates vary pretty wildly by market.
Best thing is to try to find some other sites in his niche that offer advertising
and see what they charge.

What is the niche of the traffic?

If you are getting TARGETTED traffic for bad credit car loans (for example) you could probably get up to $1.50 per click - possibly more. If you had insurance traffic that converts some insurance companies would pay 3 or 4 dollars per click.

If it is celebrity traffic you would be lucky to get 1 cent per click.

Then there is the question of volume and of geography etc etc.

As usual "it depends" is the best answer you can hope for to a general question.

What ever you charge, I think it is better to under charge and give people something for their money. Many traffic programs promise alot and deliver very little. Give folks something for their money and you will come out ahead in the long run.

Sierra :)

I agree, you start out low and generate interest. Then when people start to re-up because it is working for them and giving them results then you can steadily increase it.

The thing is that if it's good quality traffic, then there would be far lessle hassle with simply directing it through affiliate links.

Well traffic is worth different values based on targeting, for one of my sites I have an eCPM in the $20 range, for my sales page I am expecting a $50 eCPM.

Leave it up to your judgement, if you feel that you can earn more then go for it and then haggle to get the price ranges to where you feel that it should be. People are usually willing to give up more if you challenge them on it individually :)

MI
Back