The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How much have you made?

waller38

affiliate
I'm new to this all, still very much in the research part of it all. I was just wondering how well it has worked for the more experienced individuals out there. How much do you guys honestly make in a month on a decent month?

Jon

Hi Jon,

I hope some our members will jump in and give you some personal answers, but not sure if they will. Here is some general earning info.

How much affiliates make is really variable. The majority of affiliates make less than 1,000 a month.
Some try for months and make 0.

On the other hand you'll hear stories from people (usually the ones trying to sell you something)
about how you can get rich in your underwear working 3 hours a day. FALSE!

There are also those that make over $100,000 a month and I personally know several that do. That kind of money is rare and the affiliates making that much are spending $50,000 - 80,000 a month on advertising. It takes a lot of skill and a lot of money to make that much.

So that gives you a range of $0.00 - to $100,000+ a month.
Wide range, I know. Helpful aren't I???
:p

Jon, that is a question that is often asked.

There are a lot of people who won't answer and some who will. Of those who give an answer some will be truthful and some won't.

But no matter what the truthful answer is from others as to how much they make, it has nothing to do with how much you or anyone else will make.

There are some who don't make a penny in a month. There are others who make several thousand dollars a month. Still others make a few hundred thousand dollars a month or several hundred thousand dollars a month. There are even a few who make more than a million dollars a month.

So it might be interesting to know this type of thing but it won't tell you how well or how poorly you might do. It might encourage you or it might even discourage you.

There is a lot involved in doing well just as there is in not doing well with earnings.

Learn as much as you can by reading as much here as you can and asking questions. Put into practice what you learn and you will be on your way. But remember it isn't easy. It takes work. It also takes time.

A good thing is to be able to know the right things to do and what not to do. This is a perfect place to help you with both of those.

Larry's right. How much YOU could make depends on lots of thing that vary and are different from others.

Some of the things that could have an impact on YOUR personal earning potential are: your existing skillsets, the niche you pick, how you market, how good you are at marketing, to some degree how lucky you are and ESPECIALLY how hard you work.

Well, I'm not looking to make a full sustained living off of this. I just want to make a few extra hundred a month. My passions are cars, and a little bit with computers and computer networking. I'd love to get into cars somehow, but I just dont feel that there is to much to gain in that kind of niche, maybe there could be, but there are so many people with websites and forums on cars, that it would be hard to compete. So I'm still searching. Computers are the same way.

I'm presently making between $2,200 - $2,800 per month. This is after 2.5 yrs of hard work.

Some months are fat and some are slim, but if you work hard, learn as much as you can from people doing what you want to, watch your money and never give up, you'll do just fine. ;)

Tony

Well, I'm not looking to make a full sustained living off of this. I just want to make a few extra hundred a month. My passions are cars, and a little bit with computers and computer networking. I'd love to get into cars somehow, but I just dont feel that there is to much to gain in that kind of niche, maybe there could be, but there are so many people with websites and forums on cars, that it would be hard to compete. So I'm still searching. Computers are the same way.

Check out entrepreneurs-journey.com - one of his pupils runs a car blog and claims to make $30,000 per month.

Now that's unlikely, but a few hundred per month would be pretty easy.

I know people that make on average $6,000-$15,000 per month. I know that a lot of it has to do with SEO, and the other half has to do with the content.

Is the content that you are writing, reputable, credible, and keep the interest of the reader?

I own a web site with a buddy, and he I write the content because I have the experience and the years behind me. In addition, he does everything on the internet side, from SEO, advertising, editing, and linking.

You have to have something to write about 1st, that will gain an audience. So, with that said, if you have something in mind, research it, to see if in fact there is an audience out there. If there is, than you have something to roll with!

It depends how much you want out of it, i personally believe there is no limit - if you really want to achieve something you will also aim high never aim low :)

This is totally up to you how much you want to make. if you make a best goal you will make better, if you aim better you will make good. I think if you have to stay on same place yet you will have to run gaster. aim should be higher than expectation so that we can effort to achieve that and resut will be automatically sweet.

I am not going to answer the question with a number for lots of reasons. And the amount does vary, though the trend is up.

I do support my family in a suburban home in a decent neighborhood if that gives you a range though. I have been doing that for about 2 years now. BUT, before that I dabbled for about 5 years making part time money. In the process of that, I learned a lot, read constantly, experiemented, and worked A LOT!

When I tell people what I do, they all think they can start making a full time income in a month, and most of them get frustrated before they even make $1k a month. It does get easier with time, but there is a learning curve, and a person needs to be willing to learn and work.

$50 to $75 a month. Nothing major yet....but really just got SEO started 2 monhts ago. And of course no expenses to date ! Except Time ;)

I think you should aim for a small amount to start with. Doesn't really matter how much we all make because we have different levels of experience and invest varying amounts of effort into our marketing

What you need to do is determine how much YOU want to earn and start working on a game plan

Start with a small amount eg $500 a month. Once you have learned the skills to achieve thsi, you can duplicate your efforts or scale up your campaigns

Good luck
Affiliate marketing has for me been a truly rewarding experience and I sincerely hope you have a similar experience

make it

Dont think there is a limit just depends on how much you want it, I think it's like any occupation its a work ethic thing, tho more you do the more you get.

Me as long as I get my drams a few slices of Mrs macs home made soup and stay oot o trouble (ha) then im happy.

May you never be short of whisky.......mac!

Maybe the key to success is whiskey!...ha ha, I like that one. That could be something to investigate, you never know. Just not in a professional atmosphere.

Yeah.... I need to mention that I made $16 my first month. Some sane person might have just quit because I worked a lot for that $16, while holding a full time job, and made about .50 an hour from my website.

But I got encouraged by it because it was proof that people could really make money online.

So the next month I made about $116, and all I could think of was that if I can make $116, I can make $1160... I didn't think about dividing that $116 by the number of hours I worked because that would have been depressing.

After a few months when I crossed the $1160 barrier (and you do find that your work is cumulative as you build more webpages and get them indexed in the SE's), I just wanted to double it.

Then a few months later when I crossed $2k a month, I quit the day job I hated, and decided to live on my savings until I made it. I'm not telling everybody that was a brilliant or safe thing to do. It is just what I did.

However, I want to be clear. It took me a long time to progress, and I did (and do) work more now than I did at my day job. However, I love this work so much it just doesn't feel like work.

I think that if you can make enough money to quit your job and you are fine with that, than you can do that. However, I am a firm believer that if you can keep your regular job, and make a weekly or bi-weekly income AND make money from the internet, than do both.

You will become that much more powerful in doing the things you want to in life. A lot of it has to do with how you manage your time.

The aswer is that $$$ BIG BUCKS $$$ - can be made.

I don't know specific numbers (as to which earns what) but I do know that my company has multiple affiliates and publishers that they pay $20,000, $30,000 even $100,000 per month. Obviously it depends on how may leads they generate and, more importantly, which campaign(s) they are generating leads for. Long and short of it is that it can be done. $100,000 a month plus affiliates are defiately out there.

banners
Back