The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How many....

miggelleq

Ok, im curious about this. On average, how many products or services do the average AM'ers try to sell?

I understand picking a niche etc, but if im going to be marketing after market car parts, maybe I want to market more than just a super charger? Maybe I want to market intake manifolds, and blow off valves, as well as turbos etc. Should I really be focusing on 1 product, or multiple. I can see starting out to only be using a hand full, but after getting the hang of everything whats to stop you from marketing 25 different products at the same time (same niche)?

BTW, I know very little about car parts and would never try to market them :) just using them as an example!

It really depends on the type of site and the marketer's strategy. But there are no limits.

In the car part example above the experienced affiliates I know would pull a datafeed of the merchants entire inventory and have their own auto parts store. The more technical and smart ones may even launch an auto parts comparison shopping site, featuring thousands of products from multiple merchants.

Hello Miggelleq,

Although the amount of products that you can promote is unlimited, you may want to start off slow and pace yourself so that you don't get overwhelmed and give up in frustration, because you're not seeing any success.

To questions that might help you determine how many products you should be promoting at a time are

1.) How many different products can your market/niche handle at a time ?

and

2.) How many different products can you effectively promote at a time ?

Generally speaking, it is better to avoid being a jack of all trades and a master of none.

However, if you are planning and tracking your activities and results you will find it much easier to scale up your promotions and also get better results, which means more sales and hopefully more profits for you : - )

Usually people start small, local, and then expand as the time passes. This is what I do, anyway.

I recommend that you pick a market first and only move to a different market after you've dominated the first.

Targeting Keywords

If you have a website you want to market that has all 25 car parts that is fine. It all comes down to your keywords. You can have keywords a little more broad but at the same time you might want to focus on finding a part and optimizing to a more specific keyword. The whole idea is narrowing down your list of prospects. Finding say 2,000 people looking for a specific turbo will convert much better than say 30,000 people looking for car parts.

A little confusion but I hope I helped give you a general insight!

In the after market car parts industry, I would focus on parts for a niche brand of cars, like a 66 corvette and cover hard to get parts because aftermarket parts are plentiful at auto zone and that makes it much harder to sell online. I know it is an example, but you have to look for the demand and exclusivity, because if they can, they will buy local. Try to find products they can not buy at the big box retailers and local shops, no matter what the niche.

banners
Back