The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How many visitors can I expect to get?

Leonski

affiliate
I have a tech blog, about 8 months old and it hardly gets any visitors. I have written about 20 six hundred word articles and I'm writing more every week. I have just started making about 20 natural backlinks a day on social and forums.

I'm only getting about 20 visits a day. How long until I can get hundreds of visitors a day without spending money or using bad practices.

1. Write articles that people want to read - offer something compelling in your content and use social buttons to encourage them to share it.

2. Make sure you use eye-catching TITLES for your posts.

3. Make sure that with each new post a Google XML sitemap is generated.

4. Install Yoast's SEO plugin which will also take care of the sitemap problem.

5. Make sure that Google can crawl your site. Open a Google Webmaster account and check for errors.

6. Make sure your blog uses a responsive design which converts well to tablets and smartphones.

7. And also make sure that you are providing an RSS feed at www.yourdomain.com/feed/ - place a button on your site so people know they can follow your blog with an RSS feed reader like feedly.

8. Is your blog self-hosted? if not, get a domain name and set up hosting ASAP.

Well, getting traffic from the search engines is not an easy task this day. Time will tell you how long it will take for to start getting at least 100 visitors daily. But keep in mind that search engine is not the only source that you can get traffic from. You should do your best to become more active on social media, since they have potential to drive decent amount of traffic.

A website that I've learned which is sending lot of traffic is Pinterest. So I'd suggest you to Google that string of word "1500 visitors from pinterest" and read the article that shows up which explain in great detail how you can take advantage of Pinterest to drive massive amount of traffic to your site.

I've been writing blog posts and guest blog posts now for the past 8 years and what I can tell you is, while 600 word blog posts were once considered "Content Rich", the norm for a quality blog post nowadays is somewhere between 1,500 - 2,000 words. My latest guest blog post was 2,000 words plus for example.

When in doubt, check out what some of the top digital marketers in the world do, like: Digital Marketer or Neil Patel.

How much traffic will you get completely depends upon the type of content and topic you have. Apart from it the link building part is not at all specific sometimes it get you traffic within a month and sometimes it takes months. Just focus and keep it regular; you will get traffic soon.

Have you attached google analytics to your website?

I think you are struggling with bounce rate issues, make sure you make your website more engaging.

Have you attached google analytics to your website?

I think you are struggling with bounce rate issues, make sure you make your website more engaging.

Good point, and in the same vein, Google Webmaster Tools.

Another thing I hadn't thought of before when I commented on your post was your on page SEO.

Have you checked it with a tool like: http://websitegrader.com

Just some more food for thought.

Have you thought about taking the time to go back and retrofit the existing content with new conversion opportunities?

Working to optimize previous posts might increase your visits better than trying to create a new post.

Something that worked for me was that I added links to other relevant, high-converting pages on the site, to keep people engaged.

banners
Back