The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How many people hate the Yell.com sales team???

SoftwareMS

affiliate
We are being contacted once or twice a week from Yell.com to advertise on there website and book. They would like us to enter a 12 month contract and pay a 4 figure sum by instalments every month.

We have clearly stated that we do not want to go into a 12 month contract because we have not tested the advertising.

They state that they can guarantee us sales and our money back if we advertise. Personally, I think nobody can guarantee you sales (hits, No.1 position on a search engine etc) and we asked them to put it into black and white, if we do not get any sales we are taking them to court.

Anyway, we know its stupid to ask for that from Yell.com but if there are going to make stupid promises, im sure we can make stupid requests. :p

Do any members have problems with companies who can not take a simple 'NO' for an answer???

One company that I know of advertised at Yell and only received one call for the whole year and that one call did not get them any business.

How did they get your number? Is your number listed on Yell?

Since we started trading it seems like our phone number is like a goldmine for advertsing companies, they do not leave us alone.

Yep BT wholesale sell the details of all new telephone lines on to list providers, as do most of the other people who install lines.

My old boss... a wry sceptical cockney type, he was constantly hassled while out on jobs in the field, always promising him great exposure with a link to his own website etc etc for about £300 per year.. I told him to ask the one woman what pr he would get on Google, she asked him to repeat the question and then said she didn't understand what Google p.r. is?

I told him to forget it and pay someone like Velnet to carry out SEO on his site, amazingly (and this is amazing) he argued over a tiny annual pay rise with two of us and then next thing we knew he was meeting a Yell rep in the local city, he signed up there and then.. not sure what extras he got for that ;)

I've been contacted already by Yell and another shop terminal company.. I work on the basis that if I need something I will seek it out and I do not trust someone that randomly calls me promoting something, the more pushy the less time they will get my time, they are getting paid to talk to you to extract money from you.. if you work out how much you are worth per hour then take into account the time you waste talking to them in the first place and what you will get it usually amounts to very little IMO.

Yep BT wholesale sell the details of all new telephone lines on to list providers, as do most of the other people who install lines.

My experiences of BT have been so bad since installing a new line that I am looking into doing away with them somehow, I know I can get a good deal on other phone chat but I still have to pay BT for the Broad Band and line rental... any suggestions?

I have got 3 different telephone numbers of Yell.com employees who have been contacting me.

To annoy them, I always ring them offering them our services. They get really annoyed and sometimes hang up the phone but I just keep ringing back.

I'm going to continue to do it for at least another month or so. If they can ring us and annoy us, I don't see why we can't annoy them.

:D

I have got 3 different telephone numbers of Yell.com employees who have been contacting me.

To annoy them, I always ring them offering them our services. They get really annoyed and sometimes hang up the phone but I just keep ringing back.

I'm going to continue to do it for at least another month or so. If they can ring us and annoy us, I don't see why we can't annoy them.

:D

I agree with you. They need a little taste of their own medicine :)

They wrote to us on Monday and wanted us to stop offering them our products and services, we sent the same letter back to them but changed the addresses around and a couple of references to them.

Still going to continue to ring them. :D

They have stopped calling but we have received another letter yesterday, as a warning to stop calling them.

Guess what we did???

Yep, we sent it back again, changed the addresses around and a few references. :D

Lets see how they like the taste of there own medicine.

They have stopped calling but we have received another letter yesterday, as a warning to stop calling them.

Guess what we did???

Yep, we sent it back again, changed the addresses around and a few references. :D

Lets see how they like the taste of there own medicine.

I think you may want to stop now. They might take you into a legal battle

banners
Back