The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How Many Keywords?

I would definitely do more than 5 but you have to make sure its targeting the right people otherwise you will end up with a big bill and low conversion

Here's my two cents and this is just a tip for when your using Bing. When using Bing as a traffic source your looking at a majority of the users being an older crowd. So when planning a campaign there it's best to research the target demographics as well as keywords.

Here's my two cents and this is just a tip for when your using Bing. When using Bing as a traffic source your looking at a majority of the users being an older crowd. So when planning a campaign there it's best to research the target demographics as well as keywords.

This should always be done when available. They are equal in their value. Keywords + Demo's!

I've seen various articles and posts about people using hundreds or thousands of keywords. Guess they're trying to cast a very large net. Personally, I prefer a smaller and more tightly targeted keyword list. More control + less spend.

I've seen various articles and posts about people using hundreds or thousands of keywords. Guess they're trying to cast a very large net. Personally, I prefer a smaller and more tightly targeted keyword list. More control + less spend.

@azgold, is less than 10 keywords good enough for a campaign on Bing?

Can't really say for sure but if they are super-targeted and you have patience (and the offer is good), I don't see why it couldn't be enough.

Are you using exact or broad? Have you already optimized?

Exact and Phrase match. For optimization, I'm using Broad match keywords.

Exact and Phrase match.

If you're using exact, you should be pretty targeted. Depending on the popularity of those keywords, you may have to be patient because it will likely bring you less traffic but the clicks you do get will be very targeted.

For optimization, I'm using Broad match keywords

Are you using any negative words or phrases?

If you're using exact, you should be pretty targeted. Depending on the popularity of those keywords, you may have to be patient because it will likely bring you less traffic but the clicks you do get will be very targeted.

Are you using any negative words or phrases?

I'm not using negative words or phrase. You mentioned about less traffic using exact and phrase. Do you have any suggestion?

Do you have any suggestion?

You can start broad and optimize from there, pick the best performers for using as exact.

Downside: you may need a healthy budget to run a campaign broad, as you're going to get clicks from people looking for something else that has one of your words in the search/title/site.

There is no minimum or maximum number of keywords in a campaign.
As long as they give you a positive ROI, each keyword are worth keeping.

Just make sure to have a good structure (campaigns/adsets/ads) to obtain the most out of it.
It will also make your optimizations easier.

As for the targeting, I like to place my top keywords (in terms of relevancy) in exact match for a better control of the CPC.
I put the rest on broad at the beginning to test the water and then refine depending on results by excluding bad keywords.
After that, I will pass some keywords in phrase or exact if they bring too much useless keywords.

banners
Back