The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How many backlinks per day?

Everyday, i do natural bancklinks to my sites about 10 links per day or less if i am too lazy or don't have enought time.
I think if your backlinks are natural, created manually, not with bots or others cheats, Google won't ban you.

A 'natural' backlink is one that was created by someone not connected to your site ie/ not for SEO purposes. For instance if you made a really good post about something, and people linked to that post on your site to share the information, those would be natural backlinks.

A 'natural' backlink is one that was created by someone not connected to your site ie/ not for SEO purposes. For instance if you made a really good post about something, and people linked to that post on your site to share the information, those would be natural backlinks.

That is probably not true.

That is probably not true.

Actually, it is true. That's what Google calls "organic linking". There is no cash or other benefit changing hands. One site links to another simply because it believes that outgoing link will be of interest to and of benefit to the visitors to the site giving the link.

How does one determine a "quality link"?

Would that be through it's PR?

I've been debating on whether to simply post on blogs or message boards. And, is it better to keep commenting on the same blogs or message boards, or be constantly adding new ones?

This all is very confusing. :)

While there are no definite number of links you should get in a day. The best thing is to build back link manually. Avoid automating your back links, personally the only thing i automate is web directories submission. If i spin my article or distribute article i use my landing page and not my home page.

A quality link is a dofollow link on a frequently indexed page with many other sites linking to that page, which does not have many other outbound links on it.

A quality link is a dofollow link on a frequently indexed page with many other sites linking to that page, which does not have many other outbound links on it.

True.. but for me Quality Link are links which are from relevant niche having huge traffic. I love traffic to my website rather then SEO benefit ;)
Hence i don't care whether they are SEO friendly or not but should have potential for diverting good traffic.

Must be a weird GUESS ;)
Well, your backlink count should have a steady growth and should not be increased within short period or they may be counted as PAID/spam links...

If I get several hundred new valid natural links and they don't count because they were acquired too quickly is the same as a penalty.

On the same subject, do you think Google uses referrals from links to validate them? For example: I get about 10% of my traffic from the new burst of links that I got from releasing a free software. Will the referrals themselves help my rankings? Or at least help Google determine that the links are "natural"?

If I get several hundred new valid natural links and they don't count because they were acquired too quickly is the same as a penalty.

No, it's not the same as a penalty at all. It may flag your site for further scrutiny as ppssibly engaging in "artifical linking" but if you're not doing anything wrong it shouldn't hurt you.

On the same subject, do you think Google uses referrals from links to validate them? For example: I get about 10% of my traffic from the new burst of links that I got from releasing a free software. Will the referrals themselves help my rankings? Or at least help Google determine that the links are "natural"?

No one knows for certain what Google's "more than 200 ranking factors" are. There has long been speculation that Google may consider traffic patterns in ranking and 10 years ago this seemed far too cumbersome and unwieldy to be believeable, but Google now has such enormous computing power and so many links in the fire (toolbar, Analytics, etc., etc.) that it's not beyond the realm of possibility at all.

I get 15 backlinks per week which is not actually bad. but I also try to get more. I don't want to be penalize by the google. I am getting more careful and focus on SERPS first before the PR of the site.

If your site is highly SEO optimized you can get on the 1rst or 2nd page of Google with just a few backlinks but for the long haul it is best to keep building them. Slowly building them (5 links) every day is best. But if your site is not seen on the first 1000 pages of Google it would not hurt to build them allot quicker.

How many backlinks per day? I'm at the stage where I'm trying to get backlinks to my site. My question is, how many backlinks per day should I do? I don't want google to sandbox me.

Thank you for the response.

Here's what I would do if your site is new. Start with getting 15 high PR backlinks.

Once you have got these backlinks concentrate on getting backlinks to these first 15 high PR links and NOT direct linking to your site. Once completed, do it again for the next page of your site and so on..

People make the mistake of getting 1000's of backlinks directly back to their website which is stupid.. get good pr links directly to your site and then backlink your backlinks.

... get good pr links directly to your site and then backlink your backlinks.

Hello Dave,
Please elaborate more.. I didn't got you what you mean to say.

Well, i would like to add one more point.. You should not just concentrate on getting backlink for your home page rather also try to get then for inner pages which help inner paged to get indexed and better position.

First, any advice which recommends a specific number of new backlinks per day is picking numbers out of the air. There is no magic number or cutoff that is good or bad.

Second, like Harry, the point about trying to get backlinks to your backlinks makes little sense to me and is a waste of your time and resources. Let those other sites/pages do their own SEO and concentrate your energies on optimizing YOUR pages.

Hello Dave,
Please elaborate more.. I didn't got you what you mean to say.

Well, i would like to add one more point.. You should not just concentrate on getting backlink for your home page rather also try to get then for inner pages which help inner paged to get indexed and better position.

Hi Harrysmith,
If you have a new website (not syaing that you have, this is just an example) and your site has a home page and 5 inner pages. Start off by getting backlinks to your main home page.

So, if you have 10 backlinks to your home page (page 1), then, you start backlinking those 10 backlinks. Then take page 2 of you site and repeat the process.

There is no limit to the amount of backlinks you can have, I use 10 as an example but my main point was, don't start building millions of links to just one page on your new website. Build millions of links to the backlinks instead.(Millions was an overstatement)

banners
Back