The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How important is Page Ranking

F

Flex

Hi everyone. I am currently in the process of working out why traffic to my site has dropped dramatically over the past 6 weeks or so. In some cases this has been as much as an 80% reduction.

First question is how important is Page ranking and how does that affect a website ranking in a web search.

One site currently has a page ranking of 3.Other sites with a ranking of only 2 rank higher in search results.

So just how important is page ranking

Thanks

PR is much important as google indexes more number of pages of your website if it has a good PR., your site shows up in the search results and some times page rank matters when it comes to traffic, depending on the type of website you have

But how will you generate traffic? You generate traffic by doing link building right? And most of the people and linking to higher PR value.. :D

Most people are stupid then.

Backlinking improves SERPs positions and increases traffic that way (and through referrals via the backlinks). Having a high page rank in itself does not generate traffic. A high page rank is just a bi-product of backlinking.

PR is much important as google indexes more number of pages of your website if it has a good PR

This is just plain wrong and I don't want people to be mislead.

Google will index all the pages of your site as long as the bots can find and read them. A PR0 site will still be indexed by Google and if backlinks to all the pages are created it will be indexed very quickly.

Page Rank and SERP

But how will you generate traffic? You generate traffic by doing link building right? And most of the people and linking to higher PR value.. :D

Page Rank is important thing. It tells how important your page is for Google.

There is no relation between Page Rank and traffic, but getting good baklinks can help you in getting good ranking in search engines. Traffic depends upon your website branding, ranking in search engines and referral sources. If you are having pr 5 then you can attract only link exchangers not the exact visitors you are looking for. Exactly we don't work for PR, we work for ranking in search engines and relevant traffics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Google made it just to rank your site if it's trusted or not. It doesn't really matter to ordinary people who just loves to browse.

Page rank is the credibility of a site.. If your going to exchange links on relevant sites with high PR then you'll have higher chances of getting into top rankings and high PR as well..

I have PR0 sites that rank very high on competetive terms. The sites are high quality and good content. I think PR is getting less and less important and quality of the site is getting more and more important.

banners
Back