The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How does an Advertiser selects a Publisher

ghajini

affiliate
Hi all,,
I have a small doubt about Advertisers....
does any one know, How an Advertiser chooses/selects his Publisher...
what are the options available for Advertiser to choose a PUblisher or on What basis/criterion Advertiser selects a Publisher...

Thanx a lot in advance for replying...:)

Most important is a good site that is well targeted to the merchant's products.
Some won't approve you for auto loans if you apply with a golf site, for example.

Some merchants screen out affiliates based on country.

Some screen out based on your Alexa ranking, PR and/or # of green bars, if you are a CJ affiliate.

Some programs are lean a mean and only accept the cream of the crop.

Some programs are wide open, auto-approve everyone and don't screen at all.

Hi Linda,
Thanx for your reply..
well, I`ve joined cj recently and i own a site which give software downloads...
and i reside in India...
i`m trying to apply for some matchmaking and dating sites at cj, coz i want to concentrate on Leades rather than sales....
majority of them didntt approve,....
i also checked that these companies/sites are in "prog that serving my country"
what should i do then?

could u plz explain, what do u mean by :
Some screen out based on your Alexa ranking, PR and/or # of green bars, if you are a CJ affiliate.

Some programs are lean a mean and only accept the cream of the crop.?

Thanx again for u r reply:)

If you have a site that does software downloads you may be flagged as a "special publisher." Too complicated to explain but there are a couple types of publishers that are considered bad that do software downloads so that could be a black mark that causes advertisers to either decline you or be suspicious and take a closer look.

Your country could be a black mark because lots of affiliate fraud comes from India.

The part about Alexa and PR means in a nutshell they may not accept sites that look new or don't have much traffic. They are only looking for high traffic professional sites.

The # of green bars you have in CJ shows advertisers how much your are earning which is an indicator or how strong you are in general overall in CJ. Some merchants won't accept 0 or 1 or even 2 bar affiliates. So newbies won't have a chance, they only want proven producers.

So sometimes for newbies it's really hard to get started. If you really want to be a dating affiliate I suggest building a really good dating site. Then you will have a better chance of getting approved. You won't have the software flag and you'll have a relevant site.

Thanx a lot Linda...
well, one last question..
do you know any online resources from where i can learn these advanced topics of affil marketing (especially CJ)
thanx once again

Well, here for general topics. To learn more about CJ advanced topics the best place is the CJ online help topics and CJ University which is training you can get inside CJ.

Also, some advertisers check your PR rank. If it's 0 which kinda indicates that your site is new, then you might also be rejected.

MI
Back