The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How do you write a compelling 'about me' page?

TeDWooD

Recently i read a post on a popular blog that stated that your 'about me' page is naturally the second most viewed page after the homepage. To say the least i was shocked. Can anyone give some quality tips on how to write one?

Hi TeDWooD,

The purpose of the 'About Me' page is to tell your visitor or potential customer how your product or expertise can benefit them. So when writing your 'About Me' keep in mind who your audience is and the purpose of the page.

I'm not sure what type of site you have, but tailor your 'About Me' according to your niche, product, or service. Also, make sure you keep it clear and concise as not to bore the reader. If the page looks lengthy, they may not want to read it. Only include the most important pieces of information you want the reader to know about you or your company. Remember, it's about what you can do for them and why you are credible.

A few things to include:

1) Background of you, your staff, your company. When and how the company started.

2) You or your company's expertise and how visitors/customers will benefit from it

3)Honors/Awards you or your company has received from your products/services

Connect with your visitors by making your 'About Me' sound sincere. Make them feel like you want them to get to know you and that you value them as a customer. This allows them to differentiate your business from other businesses selling the same product/service.

There are so many various ways you can write your 'About Me', but it all depends on the type of site you have, your writing style, and the message you want to convey.

Hope this helps!

If your website is a personal website or a blog, write something personal, something that help you connect with your visitors. That's what I did. :)

MI
Back