The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How do you create a huge mailing list ?

tash1

affiliate
ive been reading up a lot on marketing and have found that a lot of people say that having a mailing list is key to being an affiliate.
so ive added a subscriber box to a couple of my websites and have got roughly 40 subscribers in 2 weeks
however there are people claiming they have lists of over 100,000
how do they achieve this?
i would like some advice on mailing lists, autoresponders etc

Fastest way to create huge mailing lists is with Adwords or other PPC networks. You send your paid traffic to your squeeze page and they opt in. Simple as that. However creating a mailing list that actually has people who want to buy your products is another thing. You can have 100k people on your list and only a thousand will buy. Thats why you want to be in a niche market that has people who are always ready to buy.

I'm working on building my list at the moment so thats useful advice.

If you have a product to sell I would also suggest using adswaps.

However it seems that 500-1000 members is the starting point to get swaps with other people.

this is also useful as you can target specific niches.

Instead of concentrating on building a huge list of contacts, I would definitely suggest making sure you build a quality list. There are a lot of marketers who use programs like Super Email Spider to gather thousands of emails within minutes. However, many of those emails are no longer being used and the ones that are will most likely not be interested in your offer.

I would suggest building a list of people that you know for sure will be interested in the offers you have to boost your conversion ratio.

I second what CyberWizard said. I can compare the results from my 20,000 members mailing list and 200 members mailing list.

The first one are members of my article directory who agreed to receive occasional email when they registered. But they didn't come to my website to sign up for the mailing list -- they simply want to post article with their links.

The second one is classic sign up box on my website. People may enter their email if they want to receive notifications about new residual income affiliate programs. They simply came to my website to find some of them and want receive emails of this kind. No wonder that this mailing list produces higher response than the first one.

ive currently got 96 subscribers to my golf website and 3 have bought the products i have promoted to them would this be classed as a good conversion

Hi there..another way to get a huge mailing list is buying them..You can search at google and you'll find so many people sell mailing list..It's not expensive I thing..

yes.. Buying them is much faster.. really though they are not cheep for a quality list at all. i have list that are as big as 20mil and a typical price range for buying list is around 1k per million.. i been doing this a long time and thats the only way you will ever make a living in this biz is sending out alot.. a small list will be shot quick if your only mailing to like 1-10k.. what are you useing for a mail platform? send-safe, mailPro ext? that matters alot also.. get in the INBOX and think big! thats how you see 20-60k months brotha ;)

Very very true! Its a tight liped biz and you can get screwed over very fast by buying a bad list full of spam traps. But there are also list through big affiliate companys that will sell them also and those list have been cleaned and scrubbed, but then you are talking big money for those 10k + somtimes they will do like a 50/50 rev share though.. do what you got to do and by far building you own list is best but can take months even years to build a responsive data list.

banners
Back