The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How do press releases work?

DrMarie

affiliate
I'd like to work on writing a press release for one of my websites. I see lots of sites that tell me how to write one, but does anyone know how to release it?

Is anyone doing this kind of thing?

You know the last one I did was 2 years ago and I don't really remember. Plus tracking for me is tough since I don't sell anything, so I can't see an increase in sales or anything when I do extra marketing. I can only see traffic numbers and I know it did help generate some extra traffic, just don't remember how much. Plus should be good for PR too.

Press Releases are really imporatant for organizations and companies - whether small or large ones alike - but PR writing is really tricky beause it's neither an explicit advertisement nor a mere newsletter. It's a set of different combinations. also if you wish, you may google the pyramid style in writing PRs.
As for spreading your PR, there are many websites offering this service, some of them are free, yet not all of them are effective.
finally I just want to add that you always keep in mind that your press release is going to be read by media reporters, so you always try to cover news-worthy items in your PR.
Good Luck :)

BIZZARE!

Last night I started to do research on how to write a press release. I had a vision of my veterinary advice website being written about in magazines.

This morning I had more traffic than usual on my site and more questions than usual. Then, one of the people told me they heard about my site in Woman's World magazine!!!!

Wow!

Press release are a little bit personal and self promotional unlike article. Check Ideamarketers for PR and see how they are written.

I personally find them useful - especially in the early stages of your website launch or if you target a large niche. They drive some traffic when fresh (immediately after posting), but not much after. Good for backlinks and getting indexed, although there are simpler methods.

What I like about them is that such articles can be outsourced completely without compromising your targeted keywords directly, again - good in the early stages. Try it for one of your smaller websites first, just to get the grip on it.

I frequently use it to get free traffic...And it works..Press Release Website usually have high PR and frequently udpdated.It makes easier to get indexed by google. And you can also use press release to get free back link..

MI
Back