The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How do I start Email Marketing on a low budget($)

mrbrown725838

affiliate
I want to know how to start Email Marketing, and especially how to start email marketing on a low but reasonable budget, test to see what works learn from, and begin to scale up. Does anyone have any successful case studies to point to or examples on how they started and who is making good money from this that started small?

Well, first you need to build a list.

You can build lists in any number of ways. Promoting yourself, promoting an offer, promoting your site(s).

What is it you are interested in?

Generating lists is the result of driving traffic to a location (landing page, web site, FB page, etc.) and capturing the users data.

Are you planning to capture user data through your offers or through promoting pages, or maybe a website?

I have my own niche website but it doesnt rank high on google or own my keyword yet, its relatively new, but I keep finding info about Email marketing so I wanted to see which way would be best for a beginner.

If I didn't have a FB page would it be best for me to use a landing page or build a website that targets a niche?

I also know that testing campaigns can also be expensive, how can I test a campaign but make it cost effective before scaling up?

Are their any ways to build pages to profit shortterm vs SEO niche related websites that are long term?

I have my own niche website but it doesnt rank high on google or own my keyword yet, its relatively new

You cannot successfully rely on rankings to generate enough traffic for your site(s). You must be pro-active and build a social circle around the site, step to the plate and buy some traffic, provide well thought out content and update it frequently.

I keep finding info about Email marketing so I wanted to see which way would be best for a beginner.

Before you can begin to learn about email marketing, you need to learn about what you are actually trying to accomplish here.

If I didn't have a FB page would it be best for me to use a landing page or build a website that targets a niche?

This depends entirely on what you are trying to accomplish.

I also know that testing campaigns can also be expensive, how can I test a campaign but make it cost effective before scaling up?

Expensive is not a dollar amount. What do you feel is expensive?

Are their any ways to build pages to profit shortterm vs SEO niche related websites that are long term?

Okay, here is what I think is happening here. I don't think you have a clear plan as to what field of marketing you wish to develop for your business. Your questions are all over the map and not very well thought out. It's like you are reaching in several directions at the same moment without any clear goal in mind.

If you want to collect emails and market to them, what kind of platform do you plan to develop and drive traffic to. this is the first question you should be asking yourself. Do you want to run CPA campaigns to a landing page for diet offers and then send marketing emails to a list of health related users? Do you want to build a website, or blog, or continuity site, sell memberships, sell ad space, and collect user data to market to a later date. You need a plan!

Anything more than $200 to test on a campaign may start to be a little more on the expensive end especially if I dont know the ROI yet, or if the conversion rate was low

Email marketing on a low budget? Definitely invest in a cheap but effective autoresponder like GetResponse. Next start using free traffic methods like forum marketing, blogging, guest posting, video marketing, just to name a few.

The real "secret" to get sales with your list is to know what their BIGGEST problem is and to present offers in front of them that will help them solve that problem.

Email marketing on a low budget? Definitely invest in a cheap but effective autoresponder like GetResponse. Next start using free traffic methods like forum marketing, blogging, guest posting, video marketing, just to name a few.

The real "secret" to get sales with your list is to know what their BIGGEST problem is and to present offers in front of them that will help them solve that problem.

An auto responded is super easy to code up in php ( 100's of tutorials online if you have basic coding ability it shouldnt take you to long to do this.)

If you are trying to keep your budget down, your going to want to do as much as you can for yourself, outsourcing things is quicker, but more expensive.

When you were advertising on facebook, I get the feeling that you were probably trying an offer, not getting any conversions dumping it and moving on to the next one. Before I understood how this business works, I would do the same thing, what you need to do instead is run your offer, gather the data from your tracker ( if you haven't been using them, then your going to want to set them up, something like voluum or adsbridge is a grate option for this) review the data, see what was getting clicked where the user was located, analyze the crap outta that data and then refine your campaign.

are you direct linking or using landing pages?

Ads with landing pages will usualy help up your conversion rate, if you need to build landing pages the adsbridge tracker has a lot built in, or you can use a wysiwyg editor like wix or webflow (perosnaly I dont like wix, i find the interface to be cluttered but webflow I have found to be excellent) however both of these will watermark the page unless you upgrade the account. If you can knock together a quick page in html and css then again that's going to be your cheapest option.

If you want to do email marketing then your going to have to give the user a reason to want you to be emailing them, this means that you will have to be offering them something of value, send too many offers and the user will report you as spam and you will find your mail server being taken down by the host.

If you build the php auto responder, it wont take much work to make it a php mailer script that can pull the email addresses out of a database, enter the users name into the email (the personal touch is always nice) and load the message from a text file. A little more learning on html tables and php and you will be able to get the script to create the email in a properly formatted email template.

Again this all comes down to how much you have to spend/ how much you are willing to learn to do yourself.

I've never done email marketing before but if I were to start I would probably begin with landing pages. I am able to afford outsourcing if the price is reasonable but to make sure I get a clear understanding I also want to learn and be able to do a good portion of the work myself. For those who have never started email marketing, what do you recommend for newbies to get started?

MI
Back