The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How do I set up an affiliate marketing campaign?

To start a campaign you need to do research and test. Learn the market you wish to sell in, research the whys in the market, and then come up with a plan of action.

From there you need to decide if you want to work with SEO, PPC, Articles, etc. I will say that those three methods work hand in hand, although are powerful enough by themselves.

The question you asked was pretty general, if you know the direction you are planning to take we can probably answer you better.

I am currently using domain forwarding .. I simply registered a domain and forward it to my affiliate hop link. With this I used forums,yahoo answers,articles,twitter,facebook and I even put out business cards all over my city with my domain on there. Its making me ok money, can't complain cause its all play money. My next step will be to set up a couple landing pages and review sites and use adwords. I know a lot of people also use a website with many affiliate links all throughout the site, this is a bit more difficult though and requires a lot more work. I was just looking for some extra cash so I went the simple route. Good luck!!.

My plan of action in my campaigns is to research the product, build a website, market it by articles, ads, forums, etc. I am fairly new to this but I think I am on the right track. Someone correct me if I am wrong :)

When you are testing a niche for sales and marketability I would advise that you take it easy on the website to start. By all means you can put in a ton of effort to build a website, but I would hate to spend a ton of time working on a site just to find out the best I can do is get adsense income (I have one of these sites myself).

Depending on your product/offer you may consider buying a cheap domain to redirect to the merchant, GoDaddy has .info domains for cheap and they work well for testing the market ($0.99 a year).

I have been testing a niche with a few articles lately and I did have a lot of ideas for it, including a primary product to build it around. I simply started with a few squidoo lenses and wrote nine articles. I get plenty of traffic to the merchant for testing (20-30 a day..) and have had NO sales.

Using this example I am getting an average of 2-4 clicks a day per article, so obviously I am hitting some hot buttons and writing properly to this niche (CTR on the articles is 25-50%). This could mean a few things. I am leaning towards the bad product line of things, but it could as easily be that I am targeting information keywords (I know a couple of the lenses and articles probably are).

I am going to continue to drive traffic to this offer for one primary reason. My resource boxes and lenses (and articles) do not give away the actual product name. While I am limited to certain products due to the article subjects, I am still open to ideas. The way I figure is that I can hit 500 clicks in a week or two with little additional effort so it makes no sense to can the idea now (I would let it ride anyways, it may liven up later on... and I'm paid through til next year). Though I am highly considering taking this niche a whole new direction (for me, not new totally).

In the meantime, while this niche is building steam, I am testing a CPA offer by this same exact method.

I got off the subject, but in short I would make sure your niche is going to work out before you settle down to building a site.

Going to move this to a new thread, I have taken the first steps to converting this to promote another product which should have a better sales rate.

banners
Back