The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How do I make a landing page that's "Google-proof"?

billgrover56

affiliate
I understand that a landing page by itself will not last long under Google Adwords policy. So Do I build a website with content 1st then create a landing page to direct my adwords campaign to? I'm really confused as to wha tto do after you have chosen a product and built up a keyword list. How do I get off the ground? My "guru" prorams always asume you know what to do. I don't and that's why I keep uying these d**m rograns! Thanks in advance. for any advice and clarity.

I've actually had no problem creating a single page landing page and having it do well in my Adwords campaigns. I have a campaign going right now that I'm split testing with various ads and two landing pages.

My quality scores tend to be around 6 to 8.

I don't, of course, create ads and point them directly to the affiliate page, but do make a nice, quality landing page that eventually points to my "most-wanted-response."

Regards,

Tony

I'm still confused. Isn't the purpose of a landing page to pre-sell (& capture email) then forward to the actual product page? How do you create "content" if you use the product supplied landing page template?
Thanks for yor time and help.
billgrover56

I don't use a generic template. I write my own, in my own voice.

Usually, anything supplied by a company is going to sound all "salesy."

The goal is to draw people in with your own voice, let them know you understand their need and give them a solution. You are right about the pre-selling and that's exactly why you want to take the time to write your own.

If it's original content that is keyword optimized, Google is going to treat you just as fairly as anyone else.

Regards,

Tony

I can Relate to this so called Gurus...

Nobody is a Guru,

That name in its self shows that the ego is taking over and they are just super duper money hungry, and the will come at you like a hungry shark and devour us. You just get the stuff they want you to know for the month deal or week... Sometimes even day. The student must be slower then the teacher otherwise they are afraid of a little competition. The way the world works. Every thing is based around the monetary system, and not us being human first...

Creating a Landing page is crucial, but using a company page is defeating the whole process of personal branding. If you have to thats one things, but when you get the opportunity to do your own page its much more rewarding, and it saids Hi I am over here, so stop looking at the guru's page and look at me...

Thats the whole thing about these companies, then get us peeps to advertise their replicating website, and they drive their Alexa ratings out the roof tops. What do you get...

Lets some it up...

No leads of your own, your building their list.
No advantage in the search engines, because all the sites are the same. Way to competitive.
You usually get stuck with the auto ship, and about 10 leads if that for the month.

So make sure you get a landing page that makes you soar...

I understand that a landing page by itself will not last long under Google Adwords policy. So Do I build a website with content 1st then create a landing page to direct my adwords campaign to? I'm really confused as to wha tto do after you have chosen a product and built up a keyword list. How do I get off the ground? My "guru" prorams always asume you know what to do. I don't and that's why I keep uying these d**m rograns! Thanks in advance. for any advice and clarity.

Hi Bill,

Here's what I recommend STRONGLY! If you are asking this question then I feel that to try to just give you the answer is a disservice. Why??? Well 1st off the answer depends on lots of things and there are different ways to do it.

But most importantly I feel like if you aren't sure about the landing page part you probably have not done enough learning about the other elements that go into succeeding with Adwords either and I don't want you to waste your money.

1) What I'm going to recommend won't cost you a dime but you will need to invest some time. You also don't need no stinkin/ gurus.

2) Based on several things you've said I have a feeling that you are promoting some type of Internet marketing or make money online product? If so you are SOOOOOO going to throw money away on PPC. Stop and find a different niche. I can explain why but don't want to go into it if by chance I'm wrong and you have targeted a good, easier niche to start with.

3) For some good free training read the stickies in our PPC forum and be sure to do Jeremy Palmers free training. Then go through the Adwords training.

"I'm still confused. Isn't the purpose of a landing page to pre-sell (& capture email) then forward to the actual product page? How do you create "content" if you use the product supplied landing page template."

There are different types of landing pages, you are talking more the sales letter\ lead capture hyped ebook type page. Again if you are doing make money online or Internet marketing. Stop.

Landing pages for PPC are different. The goal isn't to capture email generally, the goal is to get them to make a purchase.

The top landing page here is one type.
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...ate-landing-page-resource-list.html#post20600

Here's a ton more landing page resources.

Still didn't answer your original Q did I? Remember, I said there was a good reason? Invest time in learning more about all aspects of PPC. You'll be glad you did!

MI
Back