The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How Do I Make 1 Sale on a $8.99 Product?

lafftar

Hi guys, i'm currently trying my hand at e-commerce. I have a product, black soap, it basically cleans faces very well, people literally feel squeaky clean after it. I've sent out some samples and got a few reviews, and even some shoutouts here and there but I haven't got any sales, and I don't really know what to do. I have about $25 to spend on FB Ads if you think that will work, you can take a look at the page here: blaq. (@blaqsoap) • Instagram photos and videos

Hi, @lafftar . The first question that comes to my mind is....where do your potential customers hang out?

Also, do you offer other types of posts or content, or only 'Buy my soap' types?

Are you creating a mailing list, have an online store, anything like that?

Just trying to figure out what you're starting with.

Hi @azgold, my potential customers are young women interested in skin care, i assumed they hang out on instagram. I guess it's pretty much just buy my soap content tbh. I have an online store, run through shopify on FB, people can order online. I have a mailing list but it's pretty much full of people who wanted freebies.The Instagram page is pretty much what i'm starting with.

Try to join FB groups related to your niche and post regularlyon FB, Instagram, pinterest, tw . . . . .

Yes, Pinterest has a mostly female audience.

Re getting tire kickers on your list, just a couple of ideas, I dunno if they'll help you or not...

- ask them for a testimonial for your website/store in exchange for their free sample (you can't make them honour that, of course but you would probably get some)

- start siphoning your tire kickers - send some other kind of offer, maybe a sale, or an incentive and the ones that bite get put into another list in your AR

Guess what I'm saying is, try to tighten up your targeting and make them an offer they can't refuse. But, that usually means building a trusting relationship along the way and that usually means providing lots of value that doesn't require them to take out their credit card.

For example:

• An article about what is so fabulous about black soap - benefits, why they won't be sorry to buy some
  • Blog posts about various natural ingredients used in black soap. If there are others who make it, list the reasons not to use soap with that/those ingredients, the benefits of using yours
You get the idea. Be the guy they see as knowledgeable and helpful and offers something other than 'give me your money' stuff.

My hat is off to you if you can get sales without connecting with your audience.

Your other alternative is, naturally, using paid ads. $25...I don't think you can get much data with that but I've never done FB, so maybe someone else can jump in on that.

you can definitely go for blogs, forums, and facebook pages, related to your offer, but then if you are willing to attract and keep your leads, you should create great articles, on what you are promoting, or selling, and try if you can to do some videos about it, and build an email list, and make sure you don't spam, and build the trust.

banners
Back