The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How best to recruit affiliates?

slimco65

Hi there,

I am launching an info product soon and I was wondering what is the best way to recruit affiliates.

Do I have to go with an affiliate network to do this?

What's the best way to connect with affiliates who may be interested in selling the product and earning commission.

Thanks
:)

Hi slimco65,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

I moved your post from the newbie affiliate forum to the affiliate manager forum where it will get more support.

We have quite a few affiliate recruiting help posts. Please see the stickies here in the affiliate manager forum for some good advice about recruiting and also launching a successful affiliate program.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

I believe that a good way to get affiliates these days is via facebook and twitter. There are just so many people using these services.

Also, as an affiliate, I check whether affiliate program offers good revenue share and CPA without weird limitation and/or sign up fees (don't like that at all). Good support (and affiliate manager) is a big plus.

I worked with one program and the commission structure was good, but affiliate manager was ALWAYS out of reach. At some point, I just stopped working with them.

Good luck with your program.

I agree that Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking sites offer great ways to recruit affiliates. Make sure your program information is very accessible and that your site is user-friendly. Keeping reliable lines of communication open to your potential and current affiliates is also extremely important.

Hi, this section will help you a lot - I had a similar question myself the other day. What I can tell you is that this forum has helped me a lot and that you should take the time and read carefully the posts and articles here.
Also - open an account in LinkedIn and join groups there - it will help you associate with new affiliates and to build important connections.

Best of luck!

Well - I had the same problem. As every affiliate program is different, being it CPA or whatever, I found the only way is read, read and then see that you find someone on the same wave length. As more as you are around, people will start talking about you, checking your site - and if good - join.

:)

I am dealing with this issue since 3 years already, on how to recruit affiliates.
It's even more than that, how to recruit affiliates that actually bring results?

Well, It's different from industry to industry.
Today I am affiliate manager at a jewelry company, so the workflow is completely different then when I worked with Amazon in the past.

What I can recommend is study your niche, very helpful tool is using backlinks.
Use a backlink data service like SEMRush or MajesticSEO and export in a simple Exel file all your competitors backlinks.
Browse through the links and notice patterns. Every company has a pattern some might focus on Finance websites, other on shopping sites and 3rd company focus on military organization and colleges.

You can find a lot about your niche that way and do creative exploring.

Hope this tip helped.

Best,
Isan.

I guess my first question would be, what kind of info product and in what niche/vertical.

From there I can guide you better, however, here are a few tips to get you started.

- Know your metrics before you approach any potential partners. You will have needed to
sent enough actual traffic, whether it be yours or somebody else's to the offer so you
know your conversion rate and earnings per click. Trust me, people will ask. It may
even be the first thing out of their mouth.

- Have a functioning JV Page with all the info about the product, pricing, funnel, % or CPA
they will earn by promoting your product, how they go about requesting access to
review your product, and the easiest way to get in touch with you.

- Build relationships. Nobody wants to be approached on a social network to push another
info product. Introduce yourself and what you do and see first how you can serve the
other party (either by promoting their solution to your list or with some guest content,
etc.) I know this piece of advice is a hard pill to swallow because it takes time, however,
there are other answers to start with instead of hand picking affiliates. Make sure your
product is published on ClickBank (If they'll allow it) and JVZoo. Also, there are solo ads
and other paid emails available. If you don't feel comfortable buying emails, buy traffic.

- Last but not least, I'd like to hear about your product funnel.

I agree that Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking sites offer great ways to recruit affiliates. Make sure your program information is very accessible and that your site is user-friendly. Keeping reliable lines of communication open to your potential and current affiliates is also extremely important.

Thats interesting. How do you recruit with social media? Is there any reference material you have used?

I believe that a good way to get affiliates these days is via facebook and twitter. There are just so many people using these services.

Also, as an affiliate, I check whether affiliate program offers good revenue share and CPA without weird limitation and/or sign up fees (don't like that at all). Good support (and affiliate manager) is a big plus.

I worked with one program and the commission structure was good, but affiliate manager was ALWAYS out of reach. At some point, I just stopped working with them.

Good luck with your program.

Hello Yanamk,

Can I know which affiliate network you use?

If the network do not ok for publishers, them the publisher do not promote merchants product and website. As a merchant, your informant is important.

Thanks in advance.

are you using a affiliate platform?

try to contact them to do commercial recruitment may help

This is a hard one, but the most important thing, in my opinion, is to communicate a lot with the ones that you have already have and for the new ones is to give them the real facts and stats of the products.

One of the golden rules is to create really good products, otherwise it will be a waste of time, for you and for your affiliates.

If your product/s is/are good the affiliates will find them easily because usually will be in top listed on the retailer platforms, at least this is the way we have attracted affiliates. We haven`t done nothing actually in this direction, we were focusing on improving our products; and the affiliates are coming one by one.

To give you an example: we have launched a product on softwareprojects.com ( which is also on clickbank) two monhts ago; the first month was for testing and improving, and in the second month we have attracted a few affiliates who have made some sales; not too much but encouraging ones, but most important with no refunds rates at all witch means that is a good one.

Here a print of the leaderboard: imgur.com/a/4MyRF

How do we intend you attract affiliates?

We have made a website that has all our products and we are honest with the affiliates and show them the facts as they are and providing them all the resources they need in order to promote any product.

Off course now we need to deal with the part of promoting that website and for that we have started doing all the white hat methods to achieve it.

Hope my answer and my experience descibed here will help, as i will keep following this discussion.

Best way to get affiliates is to offer them what they want which is super high converting campaigns with all the tools they need that are 100% working (in the real world), super fast payments and no problems whatsoever and prove that in advance that that is what it is. And tons of cool prizes for the the ones who perform best. Good luck.

banners
Back