The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hostwinds Cpvlab - Help

Sincere

Hi guys,

I recently signed up to hostwinds, to host my cpvlab. They installed everything for me no problem, but I cannot seem to access my cpvlab through my domain address only the IP address.

I contacted hostwinds about the issue, and they said I should contact cpv lab. CPV lab sent me this response:

"Hey ,

You need to point your domain name to your hosting server IP Address and that could be done through your domain name registrar DNS zone.

You can simply ask them to add an A record with IP Address of your hosting server.

This will sort out issue.

Thanks!"

I then informed hostwinds about this, and the simply said this:

"Hello,

It looks as if the default login credentials for CPVLab are not functional for us at this time.
Are you still requiring assistance with accessing your CPVLab installation?

Thank you & have a wonderful day!

Hostwinds"

Can anyone advise me what else to do at this stage, as I don't seem to be getting anywhere :(

Thanks

Yes, I did this last week :).

I just received another response from hostwinds:

Hello ,

You may access your CPVLab installation using the following information:
Host: http://104.1*********/campaigns.php
User: *******
Pass: ******

In order to access your CPVLab installation via your domain, you would need to request that CPVLabs update your license for use with the domain: hwvps******.hostwindsdns.com as you are receiving: "The maximum number of domains for this application has been reached" error while logging in. "

I'm certain cpvlab already did this for me last week too.

yes man contact cpvlab and change your license :)
the license is the domain name .
get n touch with them and give them your domain name

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

Michael Brower, Chief Operating Officer at Hostwinds saw my thread on here, got in touch, and is going to try and resolve this for me.
I'll keep you posted :)

Quick update peeps.

Hostwinds support has been great so far, along with the guys at cpvlab. However, I am still having the same issue :(.

I followed this instructions to a tee:

Login to your Namecheap account, and navigate to your domain management for my-tracker.info
Follow these directions for their "How do I point my domain with an A record" knowledge base article they have.
How can I set up an A (address) record for my domain? (Host records setup)

If this isn't accurate, you may need to contact their support, however it should be relatively straight forward.

You will then point your domain's A record to the IP: ***************

Lastly, you will need to submit a support ticket with CPVLab, CPV Lab Helpdesk - Submit a ticket

Requesting your license be updated to use your domain my-tracker.info, as opposed to your IP ********

I also contacted namecheap, to see if they could assist me. this is what they said:

"Your domain name is currently pointed to the above mentioned nameservers properly from our side. Unfortunately, it appears that there is no zone file ( host records ) available for it with them at this time. In case these nameservers are correct, please reach your hosting/DNS provider for assistance with this matter."

So back to hostwinds I go.....sighs :(

Can anyone help me with this? I have done everything as advised by hostwinds, but namecheap seem to think that the issue is with the hostwind nameservers. I have checked the nameservers, over and over again,and they are infact correct :(.

I'm guessing its a simple issue, but still ca't seem to get to the bottom of it.

banners
Back