The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hi need some feed back with marketing.

triple34

affiliate
Hi I've started a new software company that makes software for the fire department. I would like to get any tips on marketing and get you fine people out there to proof read my press release. Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

LFG Command Systems

Local firefighter develops software program for fire department that may potentially save lives.

GWINNETT COUNTY, Georgia, February 10, 2009 -- Local firefighter, Alexander Griffin III has developed a new software program for fire departments across the United States and abroad. He has digitized the white magnetic command boards currently utilized and created a digital command board that allows fire chiefs to manage an active fire scene 100% more efficiently. The software can easily be downloaded onto the computer in the chief's vehicle allowing him/her to organize an entire scene without leaving the driver’s seat.

The only one of its kind, this digital command board includes features such as accountability, manpower, sketch pad, event log and par counter. It also exhibits benchmarks which keep track of whether or not utilities have been secured, victim and firefighter status and search completion, among other components. It provides the option to choose the type of fire attack, where units are placed, how long personnel have been in rehab and time-stamps all of these events for improved documentation. The option to print reports has recently been added in response to popular demand. Additionally, the company completely customizes the program to suit the needs of each individual department.

"I’ve reviewed this product and highly recommend it. It is a well developed program that will greatly enhance your abilities to deal with an incident scene and keep track of your accountability, assignments etc. and also track when these things were done in a timeline. It will be excellent to use in critiques to identify what worked and what did not. Still working with them on other improvements. They are great to work with and have a much needed product for the fire service,” said David A. C. deputy chief at Statesville Fire Department.

“I was able to run the program for the class and they were very impressed with the technology!” - Mr. Jeffcoat of the Community College of Allegney County.

About LFG Command Systems
Griffin started his company, LFG Command Systems, with the intent to fill a need within his department for a more effective approach to running command. A computer buff, Griffin began working on the program with Ben Simon, software developer, from company Ideas2Executables based in Virginia. The program has since undergone many changes and today remains unparalelled among its competitors on the market. The product has been tested by fire departments in several states across the U.S., has received glowing reviews from its testers and sparked interest oversees. Purchasers of the program are pleased with its user friendly nature, affordability, not to mention the impeccable customer service they encounter working with LFG Command Systems.

Established in 2007 and run by Griffin and wife Lauren, LFG Command Systems currently has an office located in Lilburn, GA. Utilizing the latest in command software, LFG Command Systems is considered a major up and coming leader in the fire command industry among fire departments across the country. The future of LFG Command Systems is to eventually branch out to PD, SWAT, and military. Plans are already underway for a fire simulator to be used for training and recreational purposes.

Alexander Griffin III

Proprietor

LFG Command

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not really sure how much a help I'll be seeing as I have relatively no idea what you're talking about because I have no firefighting experience.

Since you already established the demographic that you are targeting, it's a good start.

Alright, lets get down to business:
-----
From the looks of it, you helped develop this software personally. I wouldn't doubt that you truly believe in it. Overall goal that I'm seeing is nation-wide integration of your system.
------
I see:
"The program has since undergone many changes and today remains unparalelled among its competitors on the market"
and
"The only one of its kind,..."

Your product being unique, I can see how it is one of its kind, but at the same time, you're saying you have competitors.
------
Aren't firefighters funded by the state? I'm not too sure on this, you probably have a better idea.
-----

Do you have a website up yet?

Alright, we'll start from the top.

• I see that you're using wordpress, good start.
  • Love the video intro, love the other videos that provide a good product demo.
  • Good job using a san-serif font which improves readability but in my opinion, it does seem a little small.

• I don't think that the LFG Command Systems need to be constantly on the top left, its more of general info and is typically displayed only on the landing page.
  • Contact info is typically in the footer and as you have it, in the contact us page.

• Navigation on the left is perfect.
  • You really shouldn't use all caps for anything.
  • Organize your Navigation a little, group then into their respective categories.
  • "Our mission" which is your landing page, should be the first one on the menu.
  • Testimonials are typically right about contact us
  • Doesn't the sketch pad function and accountability function both fall under demo videos?
  • Not that much info in your "Manpower" "roster" pages. I'm guess you'll have more info in there later on.
  • Overall, just work on a more efficient way of presenting your information. Get rid on unnecessary pages.

• Consider making the whole webpage centered. I understand that you're trying to get the most out of your background but it looks too empty when you have everything completely left-justified. And also increase the margin of the top.
  • You really don't need the counter there. Your visitors shouldn't be that interested in how many people have been here. If you want to track visiters, I suggest just using google analytics.

Also some stuff you might want to include:
  • Pictures of an the hardware that would be running your system
  • Pricing? (if this applies)
  • What LFG stands for?
  • Converting your videos to flash format and have them hosted directly. Vimeo is good but it can be slow to load and video quality can be poor.

Great start, but there's some work to be done.

Sorry, I'm kinda typing this in a rush. I have to head out in a couple minutes, I'll be on and around through out the day checking back. :D

I mean all this kind heartily. I see this potentially being a very useful too and would love to see you succeed. Constructive criticism. Sorry if I come off too judgmental.

New to affiliate marketing

I am new to the affiliate marketing world on the affiliate manager side, I am hoping I can learn and grow with all of you so that we can learn the business and be successful together.

thanks for the Great feedback

Great for the great feedback, so far we have sold 3 applications, I like all the feedback your age giving me. I just want to streamline our marketing efforts.

I plan on implimenting some of your feedback..

Thank you for sitting down and giving me some of your time.

Alex

No problem.

I'm always available if you want to ask some quick question or for some suggestion.

I just like helping people. One of these days I'll have to put that under my character flaws. :D

I've done a little bit of public sector marketing, but not much. Some ideas....

1. A website can be a great marketing tool, but in this case it probably will not be a great sales driver. I'm not sure who searches the web looking for ways to spend their FD money. You will probably need direct mail at the least. This can refer to the website, which can then be a killer sales tool.

2. Maybe a video demo of the product in action. If you can have a video showing how this helps a chief manage the fire scene, cool!

3. I would not discuss pricing on the website. Im assuming your pricing scales with the user licenses, ie nypd will pay more than smalltown pd since they will need more user licenses. Use the website as a marketing tool.

4. Solid SEO, people might be interested in the concept (not sure if you have competitors or not) and be searching for more info.

5. More testimonials, keep posting new posts about the system being implemented in new cities.

6. If the price tag is big enough, you might want to consider an outside sales force. I know, thats the old way of business, but since FD is city/county based, they tend to do things the old way. You can probably find someone selling products to FD already and add to their inventory.

Nice product and concept, I hope id does well.

thanks

Great feed back I never thought about mailing out stuff to the fire department. I have a lot to update on the site..I have to stay on top of it..

Thanks for the feedback

MI
Back