The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Hi everyone - Very long intro

relearning

My name is Mark, I found my way to this site via a search term I typed in. I remember visiting this site in the past, possibly years ago and didn?t really give it a chance. I think the 5star name and color scheme triggered scam/get-rich-quick affiliate product alerts in my head (warriorforum). So much for prejudging this site as it appears to be very useful and has now been added to my favorites toolbar witch only has 4 slots available among my 1000s of bookmarks :)

About myself: I first used a computer one day in 1997 when my sister asked if I wanted to browse the internet, ( witch I had no clue what it was ) and I sat down to see what it was all about. Within 30 minutes the wheels started spinning in my head and I knew this would be how I would earn my living in the future. Being a very introverted person with anxiety disorder and basically something similar to agoraphobia the internet was a life saver, and without it poverty was pretty much a sure thing. I mean in the last 5 years I have stepped outside my front door 2 times, once for the dentist when I couldn?t stand the pain any longer and once to go a block away for some free firewood somebody left in front of their house. I left school at 13 because of this disorder and I know there is no cure , drugs help but I don?t like to live in a fog so those are only for emergencies to drug myself up if I have to go to the ER or Dentist, I am content if I can live and pay my bills even if I don?t leave my house. It?s a Pretty big handicap and depressing at times, if not for the internet my days would be so miserable because all my drive and motivation would be pointless in the BM business world. I truly believe my life was saved by the internet because at the time I first accessed it I was 26 years old and very frustrated with my life, being unable to fulfill the entrepreneurial drive I have had sense I was 5 years old really got me down at times. I rarely if ever get depressed these days and I know its because of all the potential the internet offers somebody like me.

In 1998 I started several websites, learned some basics about the web, and some software to get websites launched, one thing about the internet is you almost have to many idea?s for what to do and I tried many things. Eventually stumbled on an adult webmaster forum and read 1000s of post?s and got my first site lunched with an unsuccessful business model, so kept the site and changed from a free site to a paid site and that got the ball rolling. In mid 1999 I quit my day job as a delivery driver, luckily for me as it was becoming dangerous having panic attacks while driving and having to pull over on the freeway. At the time I quit I was earning about $1500 a month from 3 websites I owned, during the following 2 months I probably build 100s more sites got my income up to almost 20k a month and a lot of my worries went away. Life didn?t change to much as a single person, with no obligations aside from taking care of myself and a dog I lost all motivation and interest in adult websites, NOT KNOWING I COULD JUST SWITCH TO MAINSTREAM affiliate marketing , thinking there was no money in it. To be honest the adult business was really boring to me and I never built another site after that. I lived off my recurring income until 2003 never doing anything again until my AVS service changed there business model and all my sites stopped earning, heck I didn?t even change billing companies out of lack of interest and let 100s of domains expire, probably had 4k a month still recurring but I just didn?t care about doing that stuff anymore.

In 2001 I moved to Asia to retire and did almost nothing but staying in my house until 2009 when my money ran out and I had to came back to the US to live with my sister and try and get my life back together and earn money online again. I have tried many things over the years but never really got much going online, even though I consider myself a good marketer..

So now im motivated and inspired again and will be launching a new main stream site witch excites me because I don?t have to worry about being judged for what I do for a living, although I never liked being an adult webmaster for several reasons I did learn a lot about internet marketing and affiliate marketing witch is experience I will be able to bring to this business, in fact as I see it now, my new business will be marketed almost exactly the way adult sites do there marketing.

I think the owner of this site is Linda and have enjoyed reading many of her posts, I was here to learn about running an in house affiliate program and hope to get more info. Seems like Linda thinks the best way is to use an affiliate network instead of launching an in house affiliate program, witch I am sad to hear. Non the less I think I have done enough research and with the ball already rolling and money spent staying with my own affiliate program is the only way I can go for now and hope I have enough experience and dedication to make it work..

Sorry for the long post OCD is my other issue in life and causes me to ramble on forever witch is why I don?t post much ;), but it has actually helped me many times on the internet, being able to dedicate myself with 1000s of hours of work without making a single dollar and still wake up eager to try everyday is not something most people can do. I know I will find success again with IM and hope I can learn some tricks from this site..

Ty
Mark

Hi Mark,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

Sorry, but for some reason the forum software put your post in moderation, so it was not showing, maybe due the mention of adult affiliate programs, but I just approved it.

Thanks for the feedback about our forum. "I think the 5star name and color scheme triggered scam/get-rich-quick affiliate product alerts in my head" WOW, I never thought of that before and have never gotten that feedback. That's the last impression I want to give people. :eek:

Thanks for the long intro and being so open about your situation. It does seem like affiliate marketing offers opportunity for someone in that faces the issues you do.

Ask questions any time and we'll try to help!

Welcome Mark :)

That's a long way of your journey !!!
I really appreciate your patience, love and hardwork towards affiliate marketing, even i am enjoying it and hope to see my affiliate figures in $$$$$$ very soon :) Not sure if adult affiliate still pay you good value.
My Best Wishes !!!

Whatsup Mark, thanks for the long intro. It's great to learn about new members on a site with a good intro, it's like you're becoming part of a family.

MI
Back