The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hey!

August Hansen

affiliate
Hey everyone. My name is August. Been lurking for a few days now and figured i'd chime in and introduce myself. As for myself, I live in Florida, write music, catch fish(which my wife then makes gyotaku paintings of), create videos, buzz a drone around to capture epic sunsets and currently building a new home.

I'm looking for a career change out of my decent pay/rat-race software troubleshooting career. Something that gives me the freedom to spend more time with my family, music and fish. I am extremely driven and have a very good instinct when it comes to these sorts of things. I just never really knew about it until recently actually. Up till now, whenever I heard about people making money online, I pictured some guru shaking his hands in my face throwing cash in the air instantly throwing any hope of it being true out the window. That is why I'm glad I'm here. Seems to be a real solid community of good people willing to share experiences and knowledge in a very non-guru-ish fashion.

So i'm starting from scratch besides a few quick clickbank tests and about six months of reading and note-taking. In no time I plan to be a highly active member that will be sharing some valuable info and profitable screenshots! I'm all in!

If anyone has some great motivational cues or starter tips for a newb like myself, I'm all ears(well, eyes). Thanks for having me and look forward to hangin with you all!

-August

Hey everyone. My name is August. Been lurking for a few days now and figured i'd chime in and introduce myself.

Konnichiwa @August Hansen (my ex-wife is from Kobe near Osaka). Welcome to the AffiliateFix! It's great to have you join our community.

As for myself, I live in Florida, write music, catch fish(which my wife then makes gyotaku paintings of), create videos, buzz a drone around to capture epic sunsets and currently building a new home.

The ancient art of fish painting isn't anything my ex had done, but I am an avid fisherman here in the north east. I can never get enough of it!

I'm looking for a career change out of my decent pay/rat-race software troubleshooting career. Something that gives me the freedom to spend more time with my family, music and fish.

Well, you can achieve that in this industry, but beware, it is addictive once you get past your "learning to earn" curve. Just remember to keep family distractions at a minimum if you're working from home.

I am extremely driven and have a very good instinct when it comes to these sorts of things. I just never really knew about it until recently actually. Up till now, whenever I heard about people making money online, I pictured some guru shaking his hands in my face throwing cash in the air instantly throwing any hope of it being true out the window. That is why I'm glad I'm here.

Yeah, no shiny objects and snake oil salesmen here. This community is all about learning, earning, sharing, and giving!

Seems to be a real solid community of good people willing to share experiences and knowledge in a very non-guru-ish fashion.

Be active in the community, post often, contribute where you can, and this community will put forth an abundance of great guidance for you.

So i'm starting from scratch besides a few quick clickbank tests and about six months of reading and note-taking. In no time I plan to be a highly active member that will be sharing some valuable info and profitable screenshots! I'm all in!

Sounds like you got your feet wet. That's all it takes for some to be fully engaged and prepped for the wild ride ahead. We look forward to your sharing successes and failures. We can all learn from both.

If anyone has some great motivational cues or starter tips for a newb like myself, I'm all ears(well, eyes). Thanks for having me and look forward to hangin with you all!

Everyone here gives. Motivation, guides, tools, tips, case studies, reviews, etc. can all be found everywhere in the forums and new ones are added everyday.

As a relative Newbie, I have recommendations I offer up as a matter of course. You may already know some of this, but to be honest, any of this you already know I want to confirm for you.

Here it is:

Every business needs a plan, a schedule for research, learning, and execution as well as a budget. Here are a few recommendations for a Newbie to get going:

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of goals I always share with Newbies:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

As well, I highly recommend you join the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers.

We look forward to seeing you around the forum!

T J

P.S: hit the "Introductions Thread" (this thread) everyday to welcome other new members to our cozy community, it means a lot to folks to know they are recognized, known, and welcome!

Konnichiwa @August Hansen (my ex-wife is from Kobe near Osaka). Welcome to the AffiliateFix! It's great to have you join our community.

The ancient art of fish painting isn't anything my ex had done, but I am an avid fisherman here in the north east. I can never get enough of it!

Well, you can achieve that in this industry, but beware, it is addictive once you get past your "learning to earn" curve. Just remember to keep family distractions at a minimum if you're working from home.

Yeah, no shiny objects and snake oil salesmen here. This community is all about learning, earning, sharing, and giving!

Be active in the community, post often, contribute where you can, and this community will put forth an abundance of great guidance for you.

Sounds like you got your feet wet. That's all it takes for some to be fully engaged and prepped for the wild ride ahead. We look forward to your sharing successes and failures. We can all learn from both.

Everyone here gives. Motivation, guides, tools, tips, case studies, reviews, etc. can all be found everywhere in the forums and new ones are added everyday.

As a relative Newbie, I have recommendations I offer up as a matter of course. You may already know some of this, but to be honest, any of this you already know I want to confirm for you.

Here it is:

Every business needs a plan, a schedule for research, learning, and execution as well as a budget. Here are a few recommendations for a Newbie to get going:

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of goals I always share with Newbies:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

As well, I highly recommend you join the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers.

We look forward to seeing you around the forum!

T J

P.S: hit the "Introductions Thread" (this thread) everyday to welcome other new members to our cozy community, it means a lot to folks to know they are recognized, known, and welcome!

What an awesome welcome! Thanks so much for such a warm response. I am thrilled to be here! I am going to research some of your tips as well as poke around on the introductions and such.

I actually got my approval with Maxbounty today, woohoo! Do you have any solid tips on a good direction to go with the vertical I choose? Do you recommend any good traffic sources for a beginner in the learning stage?

Again, great to be here and thanks again for being so awesome! I'm gonna check out the Dojo this week :)

-August.

Thanks so much for such a warm response.

You're welcome buddy!

I actually got my approval with Maxbounty today, woohoo!

Congrats!

Do you have any solid tips on a good direction to go with the vertical I choose?
Do you recommend any good traffic sources for a beginner in the learning stage?

This is like asking which woman should I date. Verticals, traffic sources, trackers, are all so varied, but ultimately offer the same stuff. There are some quality and feature differences among the trackers, but the verticals and the traffic sources vary in viability and breadth.

Verticals: The big three are health, money, and relationships. Of course there are hobbies, travel, etc., so many small verticals and thousands of sub-niches in primary verticals.

The Affiliate Camp is split on it's recommendations to Newbies when instructing them on choosing a vertical with which to begin. One group strongly recommends starting with a sub-niche of the big three, while others recommend starting with a vertical and sub-niche related to your passions. I've done both. Where I have my greatest successes is with extreme sub-niches that the data I collected made sense. A strict business decision unrelated to my passions. However, I do not recommend my current marketing model to the absolute green Newbie.

In the end, most of the truly big money is in the big three.

Traffic Sources: Here is another subject open for discovery and conjecture. While it is recommended, by the vast majority, that a complete and total Newbie begin with a second tier traffic source, I have personally seen Newbies kick ass with primary search traffic. The primary search traffic, primary banner ad marketing, and other top tier placements are very expensive in the big three verticals and therefore isn't appropriate for the small budgets of many new marketers. This is why most begin with second tier. Second tier is also good because you don't have to spend big money for clicks while learning and becoming an expert with a second or third tier traffic source. One can master, for example, 7Search in a couple of months without a huge budget.

I'm gonna check out the Dojo this week

If you have the budget, just do it! Link is in my sig.

MI
Back