The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

help with article marketing & SEO??

dorian2786

affiliate
Hello everyone,

Lately I have been putting into practice the teachings of Travis Sugo from Bum Marketing. However there's a lot of things I am unclear about and that I can't figure out based on the sound principles of article market. For the most part I understand search engine algorithm, page rank and how to have your article rank highly on Google or other search engines. However, along the way of practicing article marketing I came across a number of things which I have listed bellow.

I would really appreciate anybody who could take the time to answer these questions because they would contribute to both my understanding and everybody else's understanding of the little ins and outs of really being successful with article marketing and with the Bum Marketing method.

1. When an article is posted on ezine articles or a WordPress blog account, how long does it take for the search engines to pick up that particular article or post? I went to the Google tracking tool to see if my website was picked up. I found that it was, however doing a Google search with quotes around the exact term that I used in my title didn't bring up my my article for the majority of keywords that I searched for. However, there are some searches that I did in which my article is displayed.

2. After doing some manual searching for keywords using quotes in the search bar I have noticed some interesting behavior. For example, the term "how to play downloaded PSP games" returns a web page on number three position for a post on Yahoo answers. However, I'm wondering why when I searched for the term without the quotes that the Yahoo answer post was not even displayed on the first page nor on the second and neither on the third page? This is strange because even without quotes, the Yahoo answers post had the exact search term that I was searching for in their title. At the very least it should have been at the bottom of the for each.

3. I noticed that for some of the key words that I used in my blog posts that they appear in the search result only if I use quotes. However, when I search for the term without quotes I can't find my post on any page at all, not even page 10. So why would my post only appear if I search with quotes but not without them?

4. I have seen a number of ezine articles on search results, and I can understand why certain articles have only been viewed about 6000 times since November 2006 if the term that is used in the author's title of ezine article is searched on average of 1200 times a month. So given that I did the search yesterday, this means that two years, that's 28,800 searches given that the average searches 1200 times a month, and strangely the ezine article that's sitting in 2nd place for 24 months.

5. What is most likely to be a better ranking post, one that is posted on WordPress or on ezine articles or another high-ranking article directory?

6. For articles between 200 to 600 words, how much percentage of the article content needs to have keyword search term and it?

So basically I'm asking these questions in order to have a better understanding of search engine algorithm and how it pulls up results. I thought I originally had a good understanding of how webpage results are generated, but I became really confused when I did certain manual searches and found some interesting behavior.

As I mentioned before, I have been a number of searches where I could only see a website on the first page if I search for the term in quotes, however when I searched without quotes that seem webpage that has a page rank of 8 to 9 doesn't even display on the second page. Has anyone ever noticed this?

I don't know how many people tried Bum Marketing according to how it's taught, but when I read it it seemed pretty straightforward. Basically to generate some keywords that have a good monthly search volume, keywords that have competition between 100 to 5000 results, and to make sure that you are submitting your article on high page ranking websites. Then then after following the steps one should see their webpage somewhere on the first page, however at the very least to be seen on the second page because the search term used is the exact same one that is in one's title and body of article.

However from my experience, I've seen that it could be a little bit more than just that.

Thank you very much and I look forward to your reply.

Dorian

Hi dorian2786,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for the questions. You may want to break Q's up into a couple per post in the future as so many qs in one post tends to be a little overwhelming and sometimes people won't answer.

I don't do any article marketing, but I do SEO. No one knows for sure how the search algos work except the search engines, but I have a pretty good guess about what's going on with #2 & 3 and the quote issue.

Search for "little green widgets".

With quotes I'm #10 "little green widgets" - Google Search

Without quotes I'm not on the 1st 3 pages, not sure where I'm at.
little green widgets - Google Search

Only reason I ranked high in the 1st search is due to the quotes forcing that exact phrase. Since my site isn't about green widgets, I don't have a bunch of links for green widgets or any type of widgets - other widget sites and authority sites like Apple and Widgetbox jumped above me.

So for example without the quotes, Wigetbox is in #3 with a title of: Little Green Footballs Widget

The SE are just trying to serve up the most relevant results. G assumes a widget authority site even if it does not have the "exact" phrase may have a better results about green widgets than an affiliate forum would.

So in essence quotes can force a lower ranking site or a site with fewer links to the top for non competitive phrases.

Make sense?

1. When an article is posted on ezine articles or a WordPress blog account, how long does it take for the search engines to pick up that particular article or post? I went to the Google tracking tool to see if my website was picked up. I found that it was, however doing a Google search with quotes around the exact term that I used in my title didn't bring up my my article for the majority of keywords that I searched for. However, there are some searches that I did in which my article is displayed.

Depends.

If you ping the article with a service like pingoat.com then go around to 10 blogs and leave comments with links back to the article, it will probably be picked up in a day or two. Maybe less.

If you just leave it, it may be a little while longer (a strong domain like ezinearticles would probably be a couple of days max - a brand new blog may be a couple of weeks)

Just because Google has INDEXED your site/page, doesn't mean they have yet RANKED you well for the keyword term you were chasing.

Will try to answer some of your other questions later.

Hey and thanks for the reply. Sorry for the many questions, I will know next time to break them up into separate posts.

Rob you bring up some interesting points. I read about article marketing and was told by Travis Sugo creator of Bum Marketing that WordPress can be extremely powerful and able to compete with markets well, I'm talking about new blogs.

So I started to contemplate whether I should post the majority of my articles as just blog posts or to article directories.

This is just what I think, but if WordPress has a PR of 9 and ezine articles a PR of 8 then wouldn't wordpress be the better alternative to post content that would get picked up faster by the SE and allow you to rank higher also?

Thanks for your support.

Hey Linda and thanks for your reply.

As per your reply, if a keyword phrase has a result count of 500-1000 and the article is optimized for the keyword in both the title and body then wouldn't one get a placement on at least the first page of google?

Perhaps other people can give me some feedback on these points because this is what I have heard in order to be successful with article marketing.

1. Find keyword that has over 250 monthly search volume

2. Find keyword that has an exact phrase match count of less that 10,000. Preferably less than 5000 for quick ranking.

3. Post article to directory site or blog and get 1st page Google ranking 90% of the time. The article site has to have a PR of at least 6 or else don't post to that location. This could work with Squidoo also.

So the above points only make sense. But what has your experience been? Is it a bullet-proof system for good ranking on a number of terms that fit the above criteria?

I understood what you said of quotes forcing the exact keyword match to come up, however, if the quote competition is under 1000 and the content is posting on a high PR site shouldn't one see that same search result when searching without quotes?

Thanks again.

4. I have seen a number of ezine articles on search results, and I can understand why certain articles have only been viewed about 6000 times since November 2006 if the term that is used in the author's title of ezine article is searched on average of 1200 times a month. So given that I did the search yesterday, this means that two years, that's 28,800 searches given that the average searches 1200 times a month, and strangely the ezine article that's sitting in 2nd place for 24 months.

Where did you get this number from. I use wordtracker which gives more of an index than an actual number of searches. Also, what search engine?

5. What is most likely to be a better ranking post, one that is posted on WordPress or on ezine articles or another high-ranking article directory?

IMHO. Write article first on your blog, then collect links using specific anchor text with new origianl articles on teh same topic. Publish the articles to 2-3 popular submission sites (like ezine). Then do some social bookmarks to the articles.

I don't know how many people tried Bum Marketing according to how it's taught, but when I read it it seemed pretty straightforward. Basically to generate some keywords that have a good monthly search volume, keywords that have competition between 100 to 5000 results, and to make sure that you are submitting your article on high page ranking websites. Then then after following the steps one should see their webpage somewhere on the first page, however at the very least to be seen on the second page because the search term used is the exact same one that is in one's title and body of article.

However from my experience, I've seen that it could be a little bit more than just that.
Dorian

Yes, SEO and ranking in google takes a lot of work. You need knowledge on what works and what doesn't, need to always educate yourself on the latest (this forum will help you!), and be very persistent and accepting of the fact that it might take time to get acceptable results.

Write article first on your blog, then collect links using specific anchor text with new origianl articles on teh same topic

Could you elaborate a little more on this.

Where did you get this number from. I use wordtracker which gives more of an index than an actual number of searches. Also, what search engine?

I got the search count at the bottom of an ezine article where them have their visitor counter. The search result for the keyword I got from Google.

Should I ping every article I write and post back-links in blog comments for every single article?

Thanks.

MI
Back