The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Help - My Introduction

suebeetrue

I am not sure if I am in the right place for this post or not but I am going to give it a shot.I am a desperate woman at this point in my life and when I finally came across the ad for 5 star my heart gave a little lurch(hoping beyond hope that I have finally found the help that I have been praying for in my life).This is why I joined 5 star-
I was diagnosed with Lupus several years ago as a young woman, I lost both of my hips to the disease plus 2 more hip operations due to complications; underwent 2 years of chemotherapy to get the disease under control and now take about 28 pills a day just to live a normal life.My husband has been great thru it all and has taken to working 2 and 3 jobs just to keep food on the table,but the medical debt,credit card debt, and the debt of trying to help our sons get into to college has mounted into an impossible amount! I decided to try to become an affiliate,but I could not figure out the steps on my own.

Now, at my sickest, I prayed to God to please lay all of the sickness on me -to please never afflict my children and I could take anything.Well,three months ago, the unimaginable happened to one of our sons.He was diagnosed as bipolar. It is breaking my heart the pain he is going thru-to be different from other young people.Now it is even more imperative that I learn how to be an affiliate marketer and to do it well.I need to pay off our bills and find him the best help I can afford. I have never come to a forum before for help,but I would do anything for my children,so please if there is anyone that understands how deeply you can love your children and what you would do for them when they need help-then please contact me.I don't have any money to start. I need instructions on how to start cheap-I know it is harder that way,but that is my life,I have to do things the hard way- and that's okay because it's for a good cause!

Hi Sue,

Wow what a touching story. My heart goes out to you! I really feel for you and appreciate you sharing so much of yourself with us. We'll try to help you as much as we can!

It's normal to feel overwhelmed and frustrated when you 1st start out. It's not easy to get started and there is no surefire path the success. Lots of ways to get started and no one way is good for everyone. But with focused effort and lots of learning, you can get there!

Be sure to check out all the stickies in the newbie forum as they are some of the best threads to read when you are getting started. They will help give you lots of ideas that have worked for other newbies and give you a better general understanding about how to get started.

Then the most important thing for starters is picking the right niche. The newbie stickies will explain that, then go to the niche marketing forum and you will find lots of tips and tools for finding your niche.

Ask specific questions after that and we will do our best to help.

Hi Sue. Linda's advice is the best there is in this situation. I too feel badly for you and your family's situation. If there was a way we could tell you how to make millions right away. believe me, we would! However, the harsh truth of the matter is that there is no magic bullet for being successful in this industry. It takes at least a modicum of talent and creativity, long hours of understanding what, as an affiliate, you need to do, and then long hours of actual work. And I'm sorry to say this, but even then, there's no guarantee that you will be making the kind of money needed.

That being said, there are exceptions of course and you may arrive at a specific niche that is hungry for products and/or information that you can provide either by joining specific affiliate programs or products you create yourself. Read all you can, ask specific questions and we'll try and help you along a path that is right for you and determined by you.

The one good thing about this ironically, is that you have little money, so you won't be tempted to purchase questionable marketing scams. Basically all you need, at the moment, is right here. Look over the stickies and forum questions slowly and analytically. You can't rush through the material with the hope of speeding things up.

The one piece of advice I would give you is, if, after reading all the material you can on the subject of affiliate marketing, you still want to continue, then the best thing you can do is to keep at it. Persistence is the key. Keep at it and keep learning and trying things out. Eventually, depending on how hard you work at it, results will happen.

Good luck and take care. All the best.

Lyle (Jazzguy)

Thank you for your kind words of support! It helps to know that people do care about your situation. I am willing to work hard, but I just find it hard navigating around to find the right niche and setting up my web-page-Aagh!! Hairpulling frustration!! As frustated as I am though,I love my child more and I will figure this out.Thank you again for taking the time to help me in my situation. I am grateful for every piece of helpful information that is sent my way! Thanks for being one of the angels to light my way!

Sincerely,
Karen(suebeetrue)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your kind words of support! It helps to know that people do care about your situation. I am willing to work hard, but I just find it hard navigating around to find the right niche and setting up my web-page-Aagh!! Hairpulling frustration!! As frustated as I am though,I love my child more and I will figure this out.Thank you again for taking the time to help me in my situation. I am grateful for every piece of helpful information that is sent my way! Thanks for being one of the angels to light my way!

Sincerely,
Karen(suebeetrue)

Hi Karen and thanks for your kind words. Good news...you don't have to pull out your hair...:) Take things one piece at a time. For example, the most important thing is to focus on what kind of website you want to have. What niche/topic you want to "exploit/explore" that you know you can come with content that you feel confident with.

Once that is done, then work on getting a domain name and hosting to have the website appear online. Then you can design a very simple website or create a blog, very easy btw (relatively speaking). Then you get your content up online and look for ways to drive traffic to your site and to monetize your site.

Once the first site is up and running, the next few sites will be easier and you could always follow the process from the original site.

Now I realize that this still may seem "out of your reach" but if you attack things one bit at a time you will work through it. Getting a site up and running is the easy part. Once done, we can go from there.

Hope that helps a little. Take care and feel free to ask questions when necessary. All the best to you and yours.

Lyle (Jazzguy)

Karen, I'm just a no nothing newbor, but it strikes me that you have two areas right now that could be farmed for a niche. Bipolar illness and lupus. They both would most certainly make excellent topics for blogs which would be easy to start. You could add adsense to the blog, sell some books and other reputable related items as an amazon affiliate and hopefully generate some income fairly quickly. Though the money would likely be small at that point, think about the rush of getting that first paycheck!! And of course you would continue learning about the industry while doing this, and having the additional blessing of helping and connecting with others who are dealing with the same challenges you are.

Here's another idea: I'm betting that you took high doses of prednisone at some point to treat your lupus. I'm guessing you gained tons of weight and had other side effects from that particular treatment. How about doing some research on methods of minimizing the weight gain and other side
effects and figure out how monetize those ideas? (caerful NO medical advice!). It's not as nuts as it sounds--there are books on amazon on exactly that topic.

I'm not trying to tell you what you should choose as your niche or tell you anything -- he'll, I'm pretty lost myself! I want to offer my encouragement and support (from peronal and family experience, i know about autoimmune diseases as well as mental illness, so i really do feel for you). One thing gets repeated about niches repeatedly: find something you are passionate about and even better if you know something about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back