The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Help me please to analyse the data

Hi

This is one of my first campaings: targeting few countries | 2 LPs as shown below
http://i.imgur.com/8IeS5ZD.png

I'm running pop ad campaigns with CPI offers, and what I see here is that
Visits: the number of people my pop ad was shown
Clicks: # of people clicked on call to action button
Conversion: the # of people who completed the action - installed an app

Is it normal, that for 250 clicks ( 250 people interested in what they see on my landing page ie clicking on action button ) only 2 of them decide to take action?

My theory is that I'm having a huge clickloss due to speed of redirects starting from landing page to the final app store page.

Can someone please give me some advice how to respond/react to such data?

( btw. no worries, I'm tracking the costs. I've spend 7$ for visits you see)

Hi

This is one of my first campaings: targeting few countries | 2 LPs as shown below <link removed>

Is it normal, that for 250 clicks ( 250 people interested in what they see on my landing page ie clicking on action button ) only 2 of them decide to take action?

My theory is that I'm having a huge clickloss due to speed of redirects starting from landing page to the final app store page.

I don't know much so I'd only be guessing but it may be the offer which is the issue. If you only gained about $0.13 per install then its going to have to be a very high converting offer in order for it to be profitable. Looking at your CPC it is around $0.015 so you need an offer which is converting at 1 in 8 or 12.5%. This offer is only converting at < 1%. What is the expected conversion rate for this offer ? If it is a lot higher than 1% then it may be that your landing page isn't really delivering and you might want to try a direct link to the app to see if that improves it (providing it is allowed).

Unless you can massively increase your conversion rate then I would drop this campaign and look for a new offer to promote. An important point which I don't see enough is knowing when to quit a campaign. You have enough test data for a $0.13 offer and this campaign requires some drastic improvements before you keep buying clicks.

this indicate that this offer has bad conversion rate.

And one more thing, you are promoting CPI offer, have you blocked ads to be seen by people who have already installed that app of your offer?

Compared the detailed stats and optimize to block bad sub-traffic sources, block those bad IDs.

I don't know much so I'd only be guessing but it may be the offer which is the issue. If you only gained about $0.13 per install then its going to have to be a very high converting offer in order for it to be profitable. Looking at your CPC it is around $0.015 so you need an offer which is converting at 1 in 8 or 12.5%. This offer is only converting at < 1%. What is the expected conversion rate for this offer ? If it is a lot higher than 1% then it may be that your landing page isn't really delivering and you might want to try a direct link to the app to see if that improves it (providing it is allowed).

Unless you can massively increase your conversion rate then I would drop this campaign and look for a new offer to promote. An important point which I don't see enough is knowing when to quit a campaign. You have enough test data for a $0.13 offer and this campaign requires some drastic improvements before you keep buying clicks.

Hi @Zygmunt Biela.

Echoing what the above post:

Comparing average conversation rates achieved by other AMs is a blunt metric showing whether there could be room for improvement. Nothing more, nothing less.

That said, with your campaign, I believe you should be aware of the cost, expected revenue, and then work out a simple break-even point as @MrSmith has done above. In this instance, 12.5%. From this metric alone, you know something in the engine isn't turning right.

So before you write off the offer, re-evaulate the pieces. You've got the traffic, and you have people on your landing page with a desire sparked from the pop-ad.

The differences between your two landing pages (the split test) are marginal at best, however there may be a bigger change needed, such as re-addressing the audience, demographic, target it down more.

Of the 500 odd people that hit your LP, only 3 took the offer. So what exactly is turning the rest off?

I commend you taking action. Take your step back, and I look forward to hear when you've made it two steps forward.

Cheers.

Hi

This is one of my first campaings: targeting few countries | 2 LPs as shown below
http://i.imgur.com/8IeS5ZD.png

Data is not enough to decide anything at this point.

Continue running traffic.

Also work on improving your CTR using intro alert, exit alert, back button redirects, etc
CTR is very poor. I would aim for around at least 10% and 30% if its a utilities app install.

Once you have enough data, start optimising by website/publishers.

Hey, thanks everyone for advices. I got my CTR improved up to almost 18% but still there is something wrong
http://i.imgur.com/wuUGeTe.png
im trying to figure out the reason why so many people after clicking the call to action button decide to leave. I'm still making tests and I'll keep you updated

i think your landing page is the problem here as it takes time and in that time people close it when they see un wanted things opening and taking time... if you work on it surely you can achieve success thats not the matter of data if you using good landing page then ultimately you get the good results out of it...

I think that my LP is not such a big problem compared to CR, as out of 5k ppl "only" 1k decides to click the action button which says 'download app now' and only one visitor out of 1k downloads the app.

I was thinking that the speed of redirects chain ( that occurs after clicking action button ) takes years or something, but I've tested it throught mobile VPN and it work almost rapidly and loads the google appstore immidiately.

I think that my LP is not such a big problem compared to CR, as out of 5k ppl "only" 1k decides to click the action button which says 'download app now' and only one visitor out of 1k downloads the app.

I was thinking that the speed of redirects chain ( that occurs after clicking action button ) takes years or something, but I've tested it throught mobile VPN and it work almost rapidly and loads the google appstore immidiately.
I don't think the low CR is because of redirect speeds but instead of the low quality/bot traffic being sent by publishers.
Start cutting placements that have spent 3x offer payout with no conversion.

Can you try adding a javascript alert on page load with a typical greeting message. This way you can test if the traffic is from bots or not. I've heard that bots don't click these alert boxes (I mean javascript alert, not modal popup).

I'm not sure what traffic source you use, probably not ZeroPark, because the cost would have shown up there, but this doesn't matter, check if your source allows entry popups, to be sure you're not non-compliant.

Unfortunately my traffic source doesnt allow entry popups.

I don't think the low CR is because of redirect speeds but instead of the low quality/bot traffic being sent by publishers.
Start cutting placements that have spent 3x offer payout with no conversion.

I'll definetely cut the placements, I just looked deeper into my report and I see there is a huge space for improvement.
One more question - are the bots clicking my call to action buttons or they are just fake visitors?

One more question - are the bots clicking my call to action buttons or they are just fake visitors?
can be both.
If the LP CTR is too low compared to campaign average, then start cutting these as well once you have enough data.
Some publishers try to inflate their site traffic by buying bot clicks.
So you have to gather data and find good converting sites thats basic strategy for RON campaigns.

Still not enough data man.
Drive 20k clicks atleast to get some info on the publishers traffic.
Then make optimizations based on the data you get.

Personally, I have not come across a perfect tool that will help you analyze the data but the best software you can use is the google analytics. I have been using it to be able to find the target type of traffic and to me i can say that it has worked out well for me. The reports generated are easy to use and just give you an insight of what is going on on your virtual offices. Try and please do share the outcome of the whole experience to shine light to many.

Hey

I've cut another pacements and got my CTR up to 38%..but still no leads.

Still not enough data man.
Drive 20k clicks atleast to get some info on the publishers traffic.
Then make optimizations based on the data you get.

To get 20k clicks ( Im doing popunders ) I will need about 100k visits, which will cost me around ~~90$ depending on a geo.
I have read many cashmoneyaffilaite tips in which he mentiones to fund a campaign with budged of: offer payout * 10 which is in my case $0.29 * 10 = 2.9$. Maybe I've misunderstood something what he wrote, but could you please give me a better picuture of a testing budget?

To get 20k clicks ( Im doing popunders ) I will need about 100k visits, which will cost me around ~~90$ depending on a geo.
I have read many cashmoneyaffilaite tips in which he mentiones to fund a campaign with budged of: offer payout * 10 which is in my case $0.29 * 10 = 2.9$. Maybe I've misunderstood something what he wrote, but could you please give me a better picuture of a testing budget?
For pop unders you are gonna need a much larger budget to test especially with RON traffic since your getting traffic from hundreds of thousands of sites to get statistical significance

For a payout of $0.29, I would put $30 test to see if the offer converts and get some baseline metrics to see if the campaign can be made profitable after optimisations.

banners
Back