The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Help Me, I'm Optimizing For A Keyword

lexdino

affiliate
I'm currently working on a site on the "make money online" niche and the people I want to optimize it for are people who wants to make money online but I feel that just repeating "make money online" isn't enough and so I need your help on this.
It is like this.
If you want to know how to make money online, what search query will you input into the search box?

"make money online" is not a niche at all. It's a HUGE competitive market.
And it's full of sharks that know how to play the game. Tons of newbies try to start with this market and it's one of the biggest reasons IMHO that most newbies fail.

That said, do you know how to do keyword research? That's what you need to do in order to find what people are searching for and which keywords to optimize for. The post below will show you how.

http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5...-how-do-niche-keyword-research.html#post43897

As Linda mentioned this is a really tough niche. With quotes, you are competing against almost 3 million results. Most of the time, I believe they recommend you try a niche with under 30,000 results.

I'd recommend you try out Market Samurai. It has helped me really well and makes it really easy to find the keywords that you may have missed. For instance there may be a 4th word you could add to the end of "make money online" that might make it a good niche.

I agree with Linda as proper keyword research is in order as you are in a competitive market full of individuals and companies that have spent years getting to that position. Keyword research allows you to find low competition keywords that have higher traffic that is obtainable.

Best of Luck!

I agree with the comments above. Making money online is one of those niches that can kill marketers.

You might consider looking more closely at your particular promotion and deciding if you might be able to narrow it down. There are a million ways to make money online, so which of those do you want to focus on? Even if you got ranked for that term, you might have people looking to learn to day trade looking a site on affiliate marketing- or vice versa. Consider looking at the value that will bring people to your site and keep them there and then optimize for terms related to that.

Just to give an example, I have a site in the "green living" niche. That's way too big. So I looked it over and decided to focus on building renewable energy and green building. So I was able to optimize for words like "wind turbine," "building green power," "green remodeling," "passive solar," "energy efficient homes," etc. That's much easier than "green living" and gets more targeted traffic anyway.

This is just me - but I would go with another subject. This subject of making money has been an overkill for years and many ppl are tired of it.

Go w/ something that you have a passion for.

You really should focus on a different niche unless you are going to do a pay per click campaign and did keyword research for a sub phrase for the product instead of the phrase "Make Money Online". Even then it may be difficult.
Trust me. I learned that the hard way...lol

The only other option is to do a review site for the product with your affiliate links imbedded in the review.

It is better to focus on more keywords (at least about 6) rather than sticking with only one keyword. In your case, you can go for, 'earn money online' and etc.
Make sure that you do not optimize only for one keyword - If you do so, Google will easily put you to it's bin. Be aware and optimize for multi related keywords. :)

It is better to focus on more keywords (at least about 6) rather than sticking with only one keyword. In your case, you can go for, 'earn money online' and etc.
Make sure that you do not optimize only for one keyword - If you do so, Google will easily put you to it's bin. Be aware and optimize for multi related keywords. :)

I'm all for a focused set of 6 or 8 keywords to start. But adding onto that, I don't think you'll find the right keywords in research tools. If you're going to make money in the making money online niche, I think you need think WAY outside the box. Imagine that you're a person whose only real skill is making money online. You're going to flood the market with material on it and make sure people are listening to you. Thus, it's a no holds barred niche.

If you've figured out how to make money online in a totally new way (I don't know- marketing to household pets with thumbless keyboards or something), optimize for those keywords and related keywords (i.e., in my stupid example above, type something like "make money online household pets" and "giving your pet a thumbless keyboard" into a keyword research tool). But if you go for "making money online" and other related terms, you're competing with the biggest boys in this market. If you go straight for the tried and true money making strategies, go in with Sun Tzu and Machiavelli under your belt and be ready for a fight.

Personally every time I see a "make money online" site my skeptometer (sorry Laura...stealing your term) goes on.

If you are REALLY keen on the make money online "niche" then you need to find a way to make it believable and not scammy. Customers are never going to trust a new site unless you have some way to convince them that it is really good and honest and will work for them.

Just to play along..if I were looking to make money online here are some search terms I would look for:
-work from home
-online income no selling
-legitimate online business
-success stories of people who make money online
-how can i learn to make money on the internet?

Hope that helps!

I'm sort of curious to know where you are with this now. I don't think we've heard from the OP in a few days. I fear we scared you off.

Also- I'd like to firmly agree with Dr. Marie on the point about trust. It might be best to try marketing in other places- say forums or linked in- rather than focusing on SEO. This flies in the face of everything I've done on my sites, but I no longer trust the top pages worth of online money making stuff in Google, so maybe SEO should be a secondary consideration.

Another thought- if you have something to offer, file for a business license related to selling those products, get a good site up, and file with the better business bureau. The trust factor of that BBB logo makes a huge difference and would set you apart in a world of scammers.

I just filed for a business license to move into a new sector of the IM world and it cost me a grand total of $52... and about 20 minutes... and I did it online. And incidentally- I won't offer any kind of real legal advice, but I work for a bunch of big shot lawyers and have filed many of these, so I'd be happy to offer some friendly advice- just please take it as friendly- not legal.

Anyway- you still there?

banners
Back