The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Help a desperate newbie (please)

Bluebo

Please help a newbie to affiliate marketing...I have been online for a few months. I have just set up my own website where I try to sell one product from Clickbank. I have not used SEO for my website.

I have been trying to promote my website with article marketing (SEO), bookmarking, and by posting on forums, and I have also tried several other methods. However, none of the methods I have tried has really worked out as well as I thought they would.

So, please. If everyone who reads this post can suggest one extremely effective method (free, or very inexpensive) to drive traffic. Something that you have used, and thay truly works. Something you swear by 100%...

Thank you so much! =)

/Alison

How many articles do you have out there? How many backlinks have you gotten for your site? This will give us an idea of whether it should be working by now or not.

Hey Bluebo, you say these methods didn't work out as well as you thought they would? Does that mean that some of them did work? Scrap the ones that are not working and try and concerntrate on what is.

Also, play to your strengths. If you are good at writing for instance, use it to drive traffic to your site.

I would continue article marketing. Find a list of article websites and submit to all of them. You could also buy links.

If your domain is aged 6mnths + you can mass submit to directories. If it is new just lay low. Google will detect if you are promoting affiliate products with a new domain, and keep you down as long as possible. try to use aged domains.

Hi! I agree with Adbox. If you have started writing, then focus on that. Make sure you are writing quality articles and send them to as many article submission sites as possible. You can also place ads on free ads submission sites. Don't give up, if you have had some success, then it's just a matter tweaking, making adjustments to what works best for you versus what does not.

Good luck!

Maybe the problem might be that the keyword which you are trying to rank for has too much competition. If that is not the case, you can try using Unique Article Wizard for backlinking, there is a monthly charge but its definitely worth it. If you don't have money to pay for UAW,try backlinking from web2.0 properties such as squidoo,hubpages and blogger because Google will index links from this website faster which will definitely boost your ranking.

Great answers so far. I would just concentrate on creating content. That should be the fun and easy part if you like to do that. But sooner or later, you may have to go the PPC route.

Hi Bluebo,
Are you using a squeeze page to capture visitors? I meant are you building a list? If you are trying to sell straight from your website it will be a hard job unless you have a sales page that converts like crazy.

I suggest you give away something for free first and build a squeeze page to build your list and build a relationship with them.

Note: Its difficult to sell on a first contact i.e people buy somewhere on the 4th or 5th time of contact.

Hope this help..Please do ask if you need more advice.. i would love to put my link here so you can go grab its a video course of how to build online business step by step and its free but think its against the rule to put links in here..

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you getting traffic but no sales. Or no traffic?

Clickbank can be a tough way to start IMO. They have tons of digital products but it can be harder to sell digital goods over physical ones. In addition, there is a LOT of competition for many CB products because the payouts are so generous.

To get traffic there are a number of methods you can use. Article marketing is just one slice of the pie and truly not as effective as it once was, though it still works.

Try to diversify your backlinking to include social media such as Twitter and Facebook (yes Google pays attention to this) and other methods youtube, blog commenting, forums etc.

Please keep in mind that if you choose the wrong keywords to start with, it will be a long uphill battle...really long.

Try to find some long tail keywords you can compete for.

Please help a newbie to affiliate marketing...I have been online for a few months. I have just set up my own website where I try to sell one product from Clickbank. I have not used SEO for my website.

I have been trying to promote my website with article marketing (SEO), bookmarking, and by posting on forums, and I have also tried several other methods. However, none of the methods I have tried has really worked out as well as I thought they would.

So, please. If everyone who reads this post can suggest one extremely effective method (free, or very inexpensive) to drive traffic. Something that you have used, and thay truly works. Something you swear by 100%...

Thank you so much! =)

/Alison

Have you thought of Youtube or Facebook for traffic?

You say you have not used SEO. You cannot get sales without getting traffic and you cannot get traffic without paying attention to the basics of SEO, although a lot of the information out there goes overboard.

There are many forms of off page SEO and some of the things you are doing would be considered to be that. But all other forms of SEO must be built on a foundation of basic on page work. It doesn't have to be extensive and google will not like it if you go too far.

However, you do need things like using your keyword(s) in title, in headers (especially h1 and h2), in the first paragraph, and emphasized words. It is also important to have the keyword(s) and especially related words mentioned a few times throughout the text of a given page.

I am in a competitive field for my keyword(s) that at first (six years ago) returned 8 million results, later 12, 16, etc., until now it is almost billion! Yet I am consistently on page one and today (I just checked) had positions one, two, and three. And my secondary keyword also ranks on page one.

This comes from excellent content, now approaching 200 pages, and basic on page SEO. I think you have to do this first. Without on page SEO, you will never rank high on the search engines no matter what else you do because it will not appear that your page is relevant to the topic.

Yes you have to concentrate on your on-page SEO. If the search engines cannot find your keywords on your home page then you will be ranked really low.

I can't post a link but there's an awesome post on CopyBlogger about semantic keyword reseach. Really interesting stuff and freat for getting traffic to your site.

Thank you guys for your explanations, now it is more clear for me about on-page SEO and keywords.I was only focused on getting traffic.

Thank you guys for your explanations, now it is more clear for me about on-page SEO and keywords.I was only focused on getting traffic.

Choosing the right keywords is essential. You need to select "Buying" keywords. These are the words that make consumers more likely to whip out their wallets and buy.

ok i would recommend article writing ...but to be honest you have to have a killer content to be noticed but keep working on it .

the second best thing is building your list ..creat a sqweezepage with an opt in form to capture leads ...if you didn't start now you'll be missing alot of cash.

don't forget social maedia

traffic exchanges will be a good place to have more traffic but not definitely sales ...but you need traffic to rank high.

finally you can try guset blog and if you don't have writing skills you can outsource it for few dollars.

try different methods then choose the one works best for you ..

good luck

banners
Back