The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hello. I'm 11 and trying to get a early start

I'm taking MASSIVE ACTION to make 2016 the year I take control of my life; to live on my own terms!

• Nah! I enjoy working to make OTHER PEOPLE'S dreams come true!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ernest Goldsmith III

affiliate
Hi,
My name is Sam Johnson. I'll be 12 this Summer. I live in the US, Las Vegas. I had my friend's brother setup a profile for me here since I'm a minor. His name is Ernest. I don't think he will be on here much but technically it is his account just to be honest about that.
I live kind of a lower income life. My parents are almost always gone working. Money is a very big reason that when they are home they fight and scream a lot. Doors slamming.
We live in not so good part of town. My parents try their best so not their fault.
My best friend's dad was shot down in the streets because he owed some bad people some money.
I have learned from watching everything around me that money is important. If you have enough money then you don't have to argue over the bills or get killed because you borrowed from the wrong person. I'm not confused that money buys happiness. I just know that not having money can make happy people stressed and sad and mad. Mark Cuban said that if you win the lottery and are unhappy yesterday you will be unhappy tomorrow. But if you win the lottery and yesterday you were happy then tomorrow you will be very happy.
I read a lot of self help books and business books but I realize that being well read and educated only gives me a slightly better chance to work for someone else for barely enough money to have quality of life. I read college level books at this point, and that knowledge has no value without action.
So I'm here to learn and implement.
I first heard about mobile cpa when searching google for ways to make money at home. I found the website of ServandoSilva a few months ago. It took me 3 months to save up the $500 minimum he recommended starting with.
I just found out today that there is a blog on there and I have read almost the whole thing. He recommended CashMoneyAffiliate and I'm going to read his 101 free start book. I plan to watch the webinar he has posted that Servando recommends. When I start making money I will buy his Mobile Immersion membership since so many of you speak highly of him.
Anyways I'm going to go through this forum. If anyone can share ideas of where I should start to hopefully start growing my $500 instead of losing it that would be awesome.
I'm not looking for freebies or handouts. Just a point in the right direction.
My short term goal is to make a few hundred dollars per month in extra money to help my parents out and hopefully they stop fighting.
My friend's brother has already setup an account for me with PopAds on Servando's advice.
Much love. I know we can all live the lives of our dreams. All we need to do is start working hard and doing the steps.
I look forward to contributing to this forum at least as much as I am able to take away from it.
PS I tried to add links to the webinar and ebook etc. but I have to make 10 posts first or join the Dodo which I can't afford until I start making money.
Sam

by the time you're 18 you're gonna be driving a ferrari and make girls wet when you introduce yourself to them..

and your parents wont have to work a day longer!

I would love to share my knowledge/experience with you!
Feel free to message me, and get started RIGHT NOW!

Damn, and I thought I was early starting at 18! Very respectable man, I wish you the best of luck on your endeavors.

Hi @Ernest Goldsmith III , welcome to AffiliateFix! It's great to have you here.

My name is Sam Johnson. I'll be 12 this Summer. I live in the US, Las Vegas. I had my friend's brother setup a profile for me here since I'm a minor. His name is Ernest. I don't think he will be on here much but technically it is his account just to be honest about that.
I live kind of a lower income life. My parents are almost always gone working. Money is a very big reason that when they are home they fight and scream a lot. Doors slamming.
We live in not so good part of town. My parents try their best so not their fault.
My best friend's dad was shot down in the streets because he owed some bad people some money.
I have learned from watching everything around me that money is important. If you have enough money then you don't have to argue over the bills or get killed because you borrowed from the wrong person. I'm not confused that money buys happiness. I just know that not having money can make happy people stressed and sad and mad. Mark Cuban said that if you win the lottery and are unhappy yesterday you will be unhappy tomorrow. But if you win the lottery and yesterday you were happy then tomorrow you will be very happy.
I read a lot of self help books and business books but I realize that being well read and educated only gives me a slightly better chance to work for someone else for barely enough money to have quality of life. I read college level books at this point, and that knowledge has no value without action.
So I'm here to learn and implement.
I first heard about mobile cpa when searching google for ways to make money at home. I found the website of ServandoSilva a few months ago. It took me 3 months to save up the $500 minimum he recommended starting with.
I just found out today that there is a blog on there and I have read almost the whole thing. He recommended CashMoneyAffiliate and I'm going to read his 101 free start book. I plan to watch the webinar he has posted that Servando recommends. When I start making money I will buy his Mobile Immersion membership since so many of you speak highly of him.
Anyways I'm going to go through this forum. If anyone can share ideas of where I should start to hopefully start growing my $500 instead of losing it that would be awesome.
I'm not looking for freebies or handouts. Just a point in the right direction.
My short term goal is to make a few hundred dollars per month in extra money to help my parents out and hopefully they stop fighting.
My friend's brother has already setup an account for me with PopAds on Servando's advice.
Much love. I know we can all live the lives of our dreams. All we need to do is start working hard and doing the steps.
I look forward to contributing to this forum at least as much as I am able to take away from it.
PS I tried to add links to the webinar and ebook etc. but I have to make 10 posts first or join the Dodo which I can't afford until I start making money.
Sam

Now that is a proper introduction. You have well developed communications skills. They will serve you well in this business.

I know you have done some of this, but let's cover all of the bases for you.

Myself, and any seasoned marketer, will tell you to use this forum as a mentor because it is full of members at every level of experience which makes for many balanced perspectives for a Newbie to learn from. Take the time to read through the forums here and see for yourself that the Newbies achieving success have actually dedicated themselves to success in this industry and reaping the rewards by following the advice of fellow AffiliateFix members, being dedicated to success, putting the time in, and making the necessary investments. You cannot shortcut the learning curve. It goes slower for some and it goes faster for others. Everyone has their own intellectual absorption rates, skill development pace, commitment level, and budgets.

You are a FIX'er now and that means you have the world at your feet with IM. Here are a few suggestions:

Learn through extensive reading in this community. Select one vertical. one tracker, and one traffic source. Learn from your fellow members here to master each one of them (a couple of months). Then you can expand and replicate your successes.

As a Newbie, you need to read, study, invest, and implement. Perseverance, dedication, and taking action are the cornerstones of the success you will obtain.

Read
Read through the various areas of the forum to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Here is some advice and guidance that will help you establish your initial goals:

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

As well, I highly recommend you join the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers. Click the banner below to learn more.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

Wow! Thanks for the responses and encouragement. I just got my Voluum setup earlier today and have been researching the hosting side. A lot of fantastic responses and resources shared in response to my post. Thank you all so much. Will respond to your messages in this one post. I think I've got everyone. Sam

Invest...You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

TJ, thanks for the thoughtful and thorough response. I saw a lot of value in it and it will take me some time to go through all of your recommendations.

One thing stood out to me, your "Invest" section quoted above. Is there a specific post or resource you would be able to point me in the direction of that establishes how to create a budget. I understand that most networks payout on a 2-week schedule. I also understand that momentum can be important, not blowing through the budget in a few days and then waiting 2 weeks to continue on. So I find this an important subject to learn more about.

Wow very thorough introduction!
Happy to have you with us.

Thank you, Roger, for the welcome.

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. Hopefully you'll prosper well and be able to support your family. All the best.

Shady, thanks for the words of encouragement. Please don't be sorry for me, as I am not. I fully realize the benefit of my current circumstances as they are inspiring me to take action now, early in my life, that I wouldn't be considering if I were not in my current circumstances. It's a blessing. Thank you.

Damn, and I thought I was early starting at 18! Very respectable man, I wish you the best of luck on your endeavors.

Davon, thanks! Let's kick it together! Remember, it's not luck. It's action, and continued action that eventually gets you where you want to be. Just read "The 10X Rule" by Grant Cardone. If you haven't read it, read it! Hope you find some inspiration in it.

and your parents wont have to work a day longer!

I would love to share my knowledge/experience with you!
Feel free to message me, and get started RIGHT NOW!

Hello dedicatednewbie, that all sounds awesome. I will reach out as soon as I get some basics in place. I appreciate your interest in sharing your knowledge.

TJ, thanks for the thoughtful and thorough response. I saw a lot of value in it and it will take me some time to go through all of your recommendations.

Take your time and take action!

One thing stood out to me, your "Invest" section quoted above. Is there a specific post or resource you would be able to point me in the direction of that establishes how to create a budget. I understand that most networks payout on a 2-week schedule. I also understand that momentum can be important, not blowing through the budget in a few days and then waiting 2 weeks to continue on. So I find this an important subject to learn more about.

Budgeting will based on your total expenses, not just your ad budget. You will have server fees, tracker fees, landing page expense, and any other ancillary expenses. As for your traffic costs (ads), this will be your largest expense.

Understand that you will spend money to make money. This is a business and you need to treat it like one from the beginning. Your traffic costs at the beginning will be partly based on what you have as a monthly or bi-weekly affordability. Some traffic sources can be effective with as little as $500 to start, others much more. For example, Pay Per Call will likely require a minimum startup budget of $2000 or more, however, with PPV you can get started with as little as $500. Determine what you can start with and find a vertical and traffic source that fits your affordability.

Most reliable networks start Newbies on monthly payments until you reach $1000 per month in revenues, a few will give you bi-weekly payments as a Newbie. When you find networks willing to pay weekly as a Newbie, be cautious, many of these are not as reputable or as experienced at running a network as might be appropriate for a Newbie. I recommend working with any of the top 10 networks as a Newbie.

MI
Back