The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Hello Fellow Entrepreneurs

Mike Bouchard

:rolleyes: Hi I'm Mike. I'm in the process of starting my own home based buisness in affiliate marketing! I've read many articles and courses on it. They all make it sound so easy!
Well the first month hasn't been easy but it has been very interesting! I know that I have to put in the time and effort to get the buisness rolling. I just have some general questions I need to get answers for.:confused:

How much time should it take start to finish to write a product or buisness review? How many articles will I have to submit before I see some results? I only have two too three hours a day free time to devote to the buisness at present. Is this enough time? I have written three articles a couple of squidoo lens and spent some time doing over 60 post at several forums. If I need to focus my efforts on a single marketing strategy which one of the three is most effective?

Any suggestions? I am determined, but I'm on a tight budget with no money for advertising!

Mike:eek:

I find that it is best to branch out. Yes, do the article marketing, yes do the squido lenses. Do you have a website? That would be another avenue that is a must.

Basically do a little hear and there. You have your 3 hours so just make them count. Don't get discouraged either as it does take time.

I would say to leverage your three hours to be as productive as possible. You won't (usually don't but sometimes people just hit things just right) make money right away, but as you put time into it you will start seeing results. As you start making money you will definitely find it easier to devote extra time as your work starts paying off.

Reviews take as much time as you put into it, as making sure you are doing a good job on the review. I would say anywhere from 15 minutes to about an hour depending on your knowledge of the product you a reviewing, ability to find information you don't know, assess the item at hand and ability to sit down and just write.

As for a strategy, which one to target really depends on your talents and hunches. I would suggest spreading your time out and then narrowing in on the items that give you the best results, money and feedback.

Regards,

Jamey

Hi Mike,

I don't really know how to answer your questions except to say it depends, because it really does depend on you - your skillset, how fast you write, your niche, if it's a good one, how competitive it is and a variety of other factors.

I did want to welcome you though and suggest reading the stickies in our newbie forum as they will give you some really good tips.

Hey Mike, my answer would be tone down your expectations. It takes a while to start seeing returns from your efforts, I didn't see a dollar from my first website until 3 months later when it started ranking high in Google and then I began earning thousands from it. Simply have patience and treat your time as if it is a job, but make it a job that you enjoy.

Hi James

Do you mind me asking if this was from PPC or from article marketing. I'm new like Mike and feel like I've put in a ton of work (not complaining!) so it's interesting to read that it can take months before any results start to show. I know sometimes there is a tendancy to want to see immediate results for your efforts - like when you go to a paid job and you get paid at the end of the week or month. I think you kind of have to adjust your thinking a bit here. is that right?

And will certainly be starting to read some of the stickies.

Hello FDC Thanks for the reply. I do have a web site. However it's a free one! It was created for me! I don't seem to be able to add any of the products to it that I'm interested in marketing! I can choose from over 75 products that it was preloaded with! Something else I have to look into!

Mike Bouchard

Hello James I will tone down my expectations as you suggested. However these expectations are the result of input from the course I'm currently studying! Thanks for the great advice!

Mike Bouchard

Thanks Jamey. I'll try to keep my time as productive as possible. I'm following a course outline however. It has daily tasks which must be completed. I'm am also suffering with a bit of information overload! Ezine.com has sent me over two dozen articles on article writing ect... The course also has had me read Travis Sagos Bum Marketing and another course called The $100 Day Income System. The information in Bum Marketing on article writting has proved useless so far no one accepts articles in the style he teaches! Likewise the info on hyperlinking in the $100 Day Income System hasn't been of any use as of yet! Maybe I just haven't found the right web for posting these articles as of yet! I have tried ezine.com, Squidoo, and articlemarkeeter.com! Well that's it for now and Thanks again!

Mike Bouchard

Hi Mike ...

It can be a hard task if you are stuck promoting products that you don't really want to sell ... so maybe it is worth looking into your own site where you can review the products you want to promote?

Ezine is perhaps the best place for posting articles, it has high google ranking and great for backlinks ... stick to their rules and use convincing sentences in the resource box that make the people want to visit your site ...

Finally, if you only have 3 hours a day ... make a list of what tasks you need to achieve on each day and stick to it ... it's all too easy to lose time browsing or in forums ... but, do set aside some time for browsing/forums, it's how you learn. :)

:rolleyes: Hi I'm Mike. I'm in the process of starting my own home based buisness in affiliate marketing! I've read many articles and courses on it. They all make it sound so easy!
Well the first month hasn't been easy but it has been very interesting! I know that I have to put in the time and effort to get the buisness rolling. I just have some general questions I need to get answers for.:confused:

How much time should it take start to finish to write a product or buisness review? How many articles will I have to submit before I see some results? I only have two too three hours a day free time to devote to the buisness at present. Is this enough time? I have written three articles a couple of squidoo lens and spent some time doing over 60 post at several forums. If I need to focus my efforts on a single marketing strategy which one of the three is most effective?

Any suggestions? I am determined, but I'm on a tight budget with no money for advertising!

Mike:eek:

Hi Mike! Well, you have most certainly picked the right forum!

In terms of what you have done thus far...the harsh reality is that's not enough yet. Many give up after 3 articles...because you haven't...you will do fine.

But...I don't want you thinking that quantity beats quality...it doesn't. I have written single articles that have made me thousands of dollars...and written single articles that have (whistling sound in the background) BOMBED completely.

This is a REALLY broad topic you're trying to cover here, so I will help you to get started with some research, and I am sure others will help in other areas...

Use tools. Go to Ezinearticles.com, type your area of interest in the search bar there, and look at the articles already written...

Use Google Insights for Search, and see where your idea is popular and get other information from that site...

Use Google Trends and see what's hot right now, then see if your idea is on the list, if it isn't don't worry...find out what is hot about your area of interest.

Use Ebay Pulse to find out what is hot there too.

That's a start with the research end of it...you might find that what you're currently writing about has little or no market...or you might be on to something...

Good luck Mike! Keep at it. May I also suggest you learn article writing, and basic SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to start out as well.

Hi Mike,

In my experience, last year I dedicated 4 hours a day creating online reviews. It took me from 20minutes to an hour to make a review. Usually the best reviews of all, which afterwards became successful, took me an hour. It is true that it depends on the knowledge of the product. To encourage you a little a will tell you the following:

Once I made a review of a product that costs U$S300 and if sold you get about U$S100. The first 5 months none money came, although I made certain promotion of the review. At the ending of month 5 I started selling the product. In one Year I made U$S1.800 for dedicating one hour of my life doing that review. I must admit I made some efforts to promote it, but no money invested in that. The thing is, results come. In total that review I made once has generated me US$4000 in three years. Think in medium and long term and you will have a business.

Regards,

Robert

banners
Back