The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Hello everyone!

HydroTim

I'm sure this site is going to be a major learning place for me. Since I know next to nothing about Affiliate Marketing yet, I have nowhere to go but up!

As any newbie should do, I'm going to read, read, read...until I become familiar with the terminology, common factors and methods that fit my intended plan.

Once I get that familiarity down, I'll start asking about the zillion things that still aren't clear to me at that point.

I'll tell you all a bit about myself first.

A week ago, I received my two week notice of being laid off from the company I've been working for the last 25 years. I have this coming Monday through Thursday remaining to work there and I'm then into a forced retirement from the company.

The pension will cover my bills, but just that. The odd fact that I'm used to also eating every day will require that I find another source of income.

I've been a database junkie for about 15 years now, and have pretty much burnt myself out on working in that field. I'll do it if I have to to live, but my true passion in life is Hydroponic Gardening, inside and out. No, I don't grow *that* stuff...hehe, as soon as Hydroponics comes up, I always get the "wink-wink" whatcha growing pal? thing. It's odd that most people think that's all that it's used for. (Don't get me started...)

A new friend of mine is on her 6th year as an Affiliate Marketing person, and is making quite a good living with her *passion*. She suggested that I start my own learning in that regard to help me have an income doing something I love, in the upcoming years.

She gave me the URL for this site and told me to start reading and learning as fast as I can.

So, here I am!

I look forward to learning from the lessons provided in the content of this site and putting what I learn into practice with the guidance of the people who already know how to do it successfully.

For the first time in my life, I'll be doing something that I love, to make money. I certainly didn't *love* my work in that nasty place that just threw me out the door after 25 years.

I'll get to know many of you later, after I've done a lot of reading,

HydroTim (or just Tim if you like)

Hey Tim,

Love the intro, welcome to 5 Star!

Be sure to read all the stickies in the newbie forum for starters.
Then ask questions as you have them. We're happy to help!

MI
Back