The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Health Care... Co-Reg way to go?

lsanto

Your 2 Cents Requested:

I have a product which you would think would be a hot seller (and it is). Discount medical that WORKS. An alternative to health insurance if you cannot afford or qualify for traditional health insurance.

I have seen over the last few years the number of channels which I can market and generate leads for our call rooms deteriorate however.

It has become such a burden to get leads since we cannot generate our own. Some trends i noticed some time ago is that:

A) Fresh/Realtime leads are just as effective as 30 day old or "used" leads (which I am able to run several call rooms off of)

B) Blogging is nearly impossible since for every 1 blog I could produce generating attention, I can guarantee there are 5 blogs which contradict any statement made praising a discount medical solution

C) There are few networks/companies which can market or really exploit the health care niche effectively (without putting a dent in your wallet); and those whom are, are tied up for the most part by big programs like ehealthinsurance.

D) SEO - Google/Yahoo - Once again a not-so-cost effective tool. Does it convert? YES. Are the keyword prices ridiculous? ABSOLUTELY. - Don't plan on getting a blog, forum, or anything along these lines to move up on Google either, because health care is one of the most discussed topics during this election year.

So I am left to ask... Is Co-Reg my only option left?

FYI: I already have a CPS/CPA mechanism set-up launching in November; this is only regarding call-room lead gen.

I'm not sure what you mean by Co-reg? Are you referring to a JV (Joint venture) partner ship? All the best.

Hi lsanto,

I don't play in the co-reg world. I imagine some of my clients use co-reg as part of their strategy, but I don't really know that much about it.

Lyle I didn't know for a long time either. It stands for co-registration and I think it works like this. You sign up for a magazine and after you give your info there is a check box saying "we thought you may be interested in a free subscription to XYZ magazine" and you check yes they pass you on as a lead. OR Typically it's a way of getting opt-in email addresses. "Since you are interested in information about X, we thought you may be interested in info about Z.

Or for more direct lead gen : "since you subscribed to our car magazine would you like a free quote on car insurance from 5 companies who will fight to try to give you the lowest rates." So if I sell insurance I could do a co-reg with the magazine company to get leads.

So it's sort of co-marketing with a lead form or opt-in email form and typically termed as co-reg by big companies, which is why we don't hear about it much in the affiliate space. It's a way to piggy back off of someone else's existing marketing effort and customer base and just pay per lead or email address. (I think I explained right?)

Is that close, lsanto???

Ah ha...! Thanks for that Linda...ya learn something new everyday. And if by chance, that's not what Isanto means, it still sounds good...:) All the best.

Ah ha...! Thanks for that Linda...ya learn something new everyday. And if by chance, that's not what Isanto means, it still sounds good...:) All the best.

Yes we do learn something new everyday!

Linda you are right on the money. However with Co-Reg, as with everything else these days; we can get interactive. There are several options in targeting a niche with this marketing type, such as you sign up or purchase ITEM A and within the same form If you want to read more about ITEM B (my product) you can read, and signup/purchase ITEM B, the issue is quality over quantity. In the call-room biz I would prefer quality; however we never seem to get away from quantity.

The main issue I am facing these days is a slow raise in one side of the equilibrium (cost of lead vs. cost of sale); the cost of leads to us are not changing much, its the quality. Therefore raising the cost of the sale since we must purchase more leads.

MI
Back