The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Heads Up ? Google Places will now Change Your Business Listing Automatically ? Withou

Google Places Blogger

Posting from the Catalyst eMarketing Blog
affiliate
Google just announced they will auto-update your Place page based on user edits and 3rd party data they scrape from the web. They'll make the changes automatically without your consent, but notify you after the fact, so you can try to fix it if the info's wrong. I think this is going to cause all kinds of problems.

Read the rest here...

Welcome to the TEMPORARY home of our Google Places Forum.
Eventually this forum may move to our sister site at
Catalyst eMarketing.

What is Google thinking these days? It's just one dumb move after another...

They are also rewriting titles on pages also. I have seen it on many sites. You read one title in google natural SERPs and then come to find out the page is actually titled differently.

Google has gone crazy...or have they? This makes me wonder what is coming down the road, they obviously now believe they do own the internet.

But they seem to be making more and more mistakes as time goes on, and they are being called on those errors by customers and governments all over the world.

I am sure that this is a mistake that they will have to repair before people start using some other search engine, they are starting to act as companies they once were against, terrible.

Maybe is just an intended mistake like google's way of matching scraped websites with site owners, since lately everything is driven by the amount of public profiles it has indexed ;-)
... who knows ...

MI
Back