The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Have you ever not been paid by a network?

I've been waiting three months now for a payment from Pepperjam.

Backstory: I work with only one advertiser on the Pepperjam network, and bring in a decent number of sales for them. Three months ago, my payments abruptly stopped despite meeting the minimum threshold and all of the other various requirements for receiving a payment. Upon further investigation, the alleged reason why I haven't received a payment is because the advertiser hasn't paid Pepperjam. Pepperjam won't pay my commissions until they receive the money from the advertiser.

Now I realize that this situation is mostly the advertiser's fault, but I'm disappointed that Pepperjam can't 1) force the advertiser to cough up the cash, and 2) won't front me the money while they resolve the issue. Why should I be the one suffering over a dispute that is entirely not my fault? What does it say about Pepperjam that they let their advertisers walk all over them and hurt their publishers? The only reason why I'm even still participating in this farce is because this advertiser carries exclusive products in my niche, and it's the only way I can earn commissions off them. I think I might pull the plug on the whole thing if I'm not paid by August, because what the hell is the point of earning mad commissions IF I CAN'T RECEIVE RELIABLE PAYMENTS?!?

tl;dr: Make sure your niche has more than affiliate program so that you're not stuck dealing with only one shit-tastic network.

That's not good Tirade it's a shame to hear that things like this happen. Poor reasons for networks not paying up but unfortunately that are probably a lot of networks out there would be in the same situation if an advertiser was hold back on them.

As for me, I've been paid by every network I've every worked with (thankfully).

Update: I finally received my payment from Pepperjam. It was late, but it made it into my bank account.

Since my last post, however, I ran into a new problem that is somewhat related to this topic. I have a largely abandoned product review website that still brings in some cash every month. This website is monetized by affiliate links to a prominent retailer in my niche that runs their own affiliate program in-house (so no dealing with a middle-man network). Well, through a random Google search today, I found some rumors posted two months ago that this company is in bad financial shape. They can no longer pay their vendors, and sure enough, every affiliate link on my website goes to a product that is out-of-stock. They're probably going to declare bankruptcy soon, which means it's unlikely I'll ever see another payment from them.

Lesson 1: Occasionally check your affiliate links to make sure they still work.

Lesson 2: Pay attention to business news regarding affiliate networks you belong to and companies that you promote. A simple Google Alert would have alerted me two months ago that I should find a new affiliate.

Profit Kings Media didn`t pay me on time...Weekly payment is every Monday and yesterday I didn`t receive mine:(
They late ONE day...Every network like Neverblue,Maxbounty,PeerFly or Clickdealer pay me on time in the seconds
every time...It is my first bad experience but I have to know working with network who pay weekly as default with
no minimal thereshold is always risk...I only hope Yousif is fair player...because no reason why I didn`t receive
my payment yesterday...

Did he pay you finally?

Profit Kings Media didn`t pay me on time...Weekly payment is every Monday and yesterday I didn`t receive mine:(
They late ONE day...Every network like Neverblue,Maxbounty,PeerFly or Clickdealer pay me on time in the seconds
every time...It is my first bad experience but I have to know working with network who pay weekly as default with
no minimal thereshold is always risk...I only hope Yousif is fair player...because no reason why I didn`t receive
my payment yesterday...

Only once and it was only for a couple hundred bucks.

Was kind of my fault anyway for going with a brand new network with absolutely zero reputation.

Last edited:
MI
Back