The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Have an email list. What to do next?

Mr. Plan B

What would you suggest to a person who has a niche or generic email list.
Mix of opt in as well as bought and bartered.
The size of the email list is over 100k.
Suggestions of making money off the list?

If double-opt-in is not required in your country by law, then you can try to promote or sell stuff via the lists, but don't be surprised when many people opt out. Don't send again emails to people who opted out. An opt out is still better as if they mark you as spam, because then your sending address is killed ;)

The second thing you can try with the niche lists is to offer and to sell them as solo ads. In this way the lists might still be worth money.

If double-opt-in is not required in your country by law, then you can try to promote or sell stuff via the lists, but don't be surprised when many people opt out. Don't send again emails to people who opted out. An opt out is still better as if they mark you as spam, because then your sending address is killed ;)

The second thing you can try with the niche lists is to offer and to sell them as solo ads. In this way the lists might still be worth money.

Well.. Just FYI i am in India.
I have an autoresponder account with Mailrelay for a Pharmacy website.
But i was looking for a PPC campaign, not a CPA offer.
Any suggestions?

You can first make onetime money by selling the email list to cmpanies that do offer products and services to the people and hence need to do promotion. I however do not like the idea because it is like you have sold your money generating source. What you can do is start email marketing agency where you will be able to work for several companies in sending newsletters and promotions on their products and service. With that, you are sure of always making money from the list.

Try emailing them some offers, see what the open rate is first, if you get good opens then try to find which offers your users are interested in

Does not have too much to do, except mile multi interesting content that will scare away customers

Try emailing them some offers, see what the open rate is first, if you get good opens then try to find which offers your users are interested in
That is very true. I do think when you do that, you will be able to get an overview of members on the email list that you have. It will help in profile hoping that the response is a positive one. However be careful not to spam the users because they can become of less help if you turn them away. It is a critical and yet important step in knowing what best you can do with the list at hand.

banners
Back