The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Has Google Gone Crazy?

jcorkern

<b>Senior Member - SEO Pro<br />Global Moderator</
Administrator
It has come to my attention that Google is now stealing traffic directly from websites once the user is on it. Their new Google toolbar that pushes the plus 1 also puts a bar at the bottom of the screen, blocking content and placing your comp right in the middle of YOUR WEBSITE.

How is this fair? Is it fair that you buy PPC and then google steals the click right back?

Here is a thread about the issue, how webmasters fixed the problem and how google bypassed the issue anyway. disable google related from showing on my website - Webmaster Central Help

This is NOT good at all as far as I am concerned, but what are your thoughts?

you can see an image here http://www.flickr.com/photos/32286688@N04/6190785523/in/photostream#/

What is really bad is that the plus 1 is now part of the ranking algo, so removing things from your site that may enable them to do this is impossible if you do SEO. In other words, if you want any traffic, comply and shut up, let us steal your visitors.

I guess "Do no evil" is out at google.

The fact that they altered the iframe to disable the workaround is appalling. Big Brother Google at it again.

Not much we can do about it I'm afraid. Like corrupt governments and politicians, we need to adapt such protocols and use them as best as we can to benefit ourselves instead. As annoying as it is, there's always a window of opportunity which can be utilized.

I have not really noticed, obviously google is on big brother's side stealing clicks along the way. Has the issue been resolved?

The toolbar inserts Google ads into the browser. Anyone clicking those ads creates income for Google but not for the owner of the website and not for the individual who installed the Toolbar.

I am an AdSense publisher and my sites do include Google ads. If my visitors click on those ads, my website makes money. But if they click on these new Google bar ads (while visiting my website), I get nothing.

I think that is jcorkern's point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I really dont understand, what was the reason of addinf +1 button to Google...i see no advantages of it, can say that in this case the big brain played not good role :)

I also use adsense on my website and also concerned about google stealing those ads. The link mentioned by Jcorkern has some useful information which I am going to try soon. Thanks guys!

So am I to understand that Google is charging people to advertise on their network and taking money from the same people that they charge? and there is nothing that can be done about it.... Talk about a monopoly on a industry... WOW I honestly don't know what to make of this I have never seen anything like this before. :confused: :confused: :confused:

It seems totally unfair really. It is hard enough to survive on the web these days and it just seems to keep getting harder by the day. The last thing anyone needs is for their visitors to be directed away

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

It has come to my attention that Google is now stealing traffic directly from websites once the user is on it. Their new Google toolbar that pushes the plus 1 also puts a bar at the bottom of the screen, blocking content and placing your comp right in the middle of YOUR WEBSITE.

How is this fair? Is it fair that you buy PPC and then google steals the click right back?

Here is a thread about the issue, how webmasters fixed the problem and how google bypassed the issue anyway. disable google related from showing on my website - Webmaster Central Help

This is NOT good at all as far as I am concerned, but what are your thoughts?

you can see an image here Google Steals Website Traffic Directly From Website Owners | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I have just checked that thread out and I think that is totally outrageous. I wont be using the +1 toolbar

MI
Back