propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

grid type affiliate page?

Discussion in 'Design and Creatives' started by burningb, Sep 14, 2014.

1. burningb

burningb Affiliate affiliate

I'm a newbie and not too knowledgeable with wordpress right now. Cab anyone direct me to a free theme/plugin that'll allow me to easily display products with 'buy now at....' buttons??

I've tried various ones, grid products seems all out of kilter, simple affiliate shop doesnt let you do grids. Its seriously painful and I'd really appreciate the help. I just want something simple!

2. lumpenfolk

lumpenfolk Affiliate affiliate

There are several WordPress plugins for adding 'tables' to posts and pages, whatever the theme. I am not up to date on which is the best, but here is one I found with a quick search:

WordPress › Easy Table WordPress Plugins

3. burningb

burningb Affiliate affiliate

Thanks , i'll give it a go

4. azgold

azgold Moderator moderator affiliate

I thought WP had come out with a grid theme recently (free). Can't look for you now but will be able to tonight or tomorrow.

5. lumpenfolk

Sorry, I should have explained that I guessed that the OP was asking about tables. This is how I understand it:

Table = simple HTML 'grid' looking a bit like part of a spreadsheet
    Grid = WordPress theme style where the posts are laid out in columns as well as rows
    Fluid Grid / Masonry Style = Grid where the posts are repositioned to fill the browser, fitting together like bricks (like Pinterest)

Here are 2 free themes to demonstrate:
    WordPress › Gridiculous Free WordPress Themes
    WordPress › Carton Free WordPress Themes

azgold likes this.
  6. azgold

I'm officially confused, not sure now what the OP wanted but I assumed s/he was looking for a theme with 'Buy Now' buttons. I could be wrong.

Thanks for the examples, I really wasn't sure what the table layout looked like.

7. lumpenfolk

My fault - I only responded to half of the question!

There are several plugins to allow you to easily add buttons to WordPress. Some themes also have button capabilities built in. Here is a little video I found about one of the plugins (I have not used this particular one, but wpbeginner.com is a reputable site):

How to Add Buttons in WordPress Without Using Shortcodes

8. azgold

Thanks!

9. abajan

abajan Affiliate affiliate

Well, I don't know about the free ones but Jay Wessman's Way Cool Gadgets site (I just love the layout of that site!) uses a non-free theme called Sidewinder which I think would be well worth the investment. I used this cool tool to figure that out btw.

K likes this.
  10. douglasobrien

douglasobrien Affiliate affiliate

Wordpress grid will never be the same! This is a solid plugin with a very broad set of features and seemingly endless customization options.

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed