The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

GREAT News - No Advertising Tax California + Overstock Overturns Decision

Linda Buquet

affiliate
B I G News!

Governor Schwarzenegger just committed, NO advertising tax (Amazon tax) in CA. Overstock overturned their decision to terminate affiliates! So that means Amazon and other companies won't have to cancel their affiliate agreements in the state either!

We all worked together to fight this tax. We are safe!
Schwarzenegger GETS it!​
Governor Schwarzenegger Remains Committed to No New Taxes, Announces Overstock.com Will Continue to do Business in California

“After passing the largest tax increase in California history, it makes absolutely no sense to go back to the taxpayers to solve the current shortfall - that’s why yesterday I vetoed the majority vote tax increase passed by the legislature. With unemployment at an all time high, we should be doing everything we can to - keep jobs and create jobs - in California. That is why my Administration immediately contacted Overstock.com when we learned of this news and, I am pleased to announce Overstock.com has reversed its decision and will continue to do business with affiliates here in California. I will continue to fight to keep jobs and businesses in California.”

This is great news. You just knew that if this hit California that it would cause an avalanche.

Right now, with the economy the way it is, and so many people looking to the internet to make ends meet, it would be kinda silly to go after affiliates now.

Now one thing that would make sense is to just ensure that affiliate programs report revenues and payouts so these states and the US govt. can get the appropriate income taxes.

The first thing I saw when my mouse hovered over the thread title in "Recent Posts" was this:

Governor Schwarzenegger just committed

:eek:

But this is good news and a bit of common sense when there doesn't seem to be a lot of that going around lately.

Good stuff, Arnold!

MI
Back