The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Got A Datafeed Site Script Going, Now What?

MasterOfNone

affiliate
OK, so I've purchased a pretty solid little datafeed site builder that uses the CJ API. So, no real technical questions here.

What I want to find out is how I can take the best advantage of these. At the moment, I have a blog on my niche as the main site, and have the datafeed store as a subdirectory with many links from the blog to individual product pages. I've just started this, so we'll see what kind of results we get.

However, I did have a couple broad question that I was curious about concerning the use of sites like this, such as:
-What types of niches do well in this format?
-What is the best time efficient way of link building for these? I'm a big fan of article marketing myself, but I'd be curious to find out what works for others.
-What are the common pitfalls to avoid with these types of sites?
-How many sites would you recommend operating concurrently? I plan on covering a fair number of niches since I have no way of knowing which ones are capable of truly big numbers at this point.

I'm pretty excited about the possibilities with these sites, and am curious to hear what you guys think. Thanks.

Yep, that's the one. It works pretty well, the interface is rather spartan, but works just fine once you get used to it. My biggest issue at the moment is driving traffic and figuring out how to get CJ merchants to accept me. :(

-What types of niches do well in this format?
Just about any niche which has a hungry buyer's market. ;)

-What is the best time efficient way of link building for these? I'm a big fan of article marketing myself, but I'd be curious to find out what works for others.
Article marketing, of course. But you can also consider networking with other sites within the niche, purchasing links and advertising, and also social marketing.
-What are the common pitfalls to avoid with these types of sites?
Now, the previous question will depend on the answer to this question. The biggest pitfall with these types of sites is duplicate content. In order for your site to do well, especially in the search engines, besides getting a number of backlinks is simply to provide some type of unique content. Differentiate yourself from the pack.
-How many sites would you recommend operating concurrently? I plan on covering a fair number of niches since I have no way of knowing which ones are capable of truly big numbers at this point.
Best advice? Don't work on more sites than you can manage. Start small and if you feel you can handle more, go for it.

~ Teli

MI
Back