AI News Googles March 2024 Update - Biggest Update Since 2022

Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
Dojo Master
AffKit
I received an interesting email from Originality.ai this morning.

This month, March 2024, Google launched its biggest update in two years. As a result, as is often the case, many websites saw huge loss in traffic for a couple of primary reasons. First, one of Google's primary updates in the rollout was to target sites heavily laden with AI content. The sites identified (as much as 30%) as 100% AI content were deindexed or placed on review. Be warned, this will continue in a big way! Sites with less than 30% AI content were identified, for the most part, as having useful and appropriate content for the site (mostly established content sites) and had used AI for refinement purposes.

The battle will continue for some time. Google has been monitoring the AI content for more than three years now and claims it is not winning the battle and says it is adding to the "identify" algo's as well as ramping up departments and personnel for what is sure to be a continuing battle for the SE's and webmasters.

Another case of Google hypocrisy --their own AI is getting competition :D
It's a hard ride down from the top ;)
Or, AI is gaming the almighty Googlebot.
The irony here is Google wants its AI to win the AI wars ...

The latter being the case, AI will have to adapt and Googlebot will be playing catch-up as usual.

seo-oil.jpg

The saga just continues ...

I received an interesting email from Originality.ai this morning.
This seems like FUD to me.
Was any data based supporting evidence offered?

These AI detectors are not keeping up really ...

Gemini might be able to detect itself. Bart was obvious, LMAO, a parrot like Google Search is now.

This is important information. Google has made a major update targeting sites with high artificial intelligence content. Sites with more than 30% AI content have either been removed from the index or are under review. It is important to monitor the content and not overload the site with AI content.

Was any data based supporting evidence offered?

There was some fluff data and a graph. Over all, I think they were just building up the audiences interest in a third party studies on the subject. I think they noted the number of sites, I'll go back and see if I can pull the images and graphs.

banners
Back