The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google worried by Microsoft bid for Yahoo

temi

affiliate
Google has said it finds Microsoft's £22.65b bid to buy Yahoo "troubling" and wants regulators to scrutinise the proposed deal.
In a blog, Google argued that if the the take over of Yahoo should go ahead, it will limit the ability of consumers to freely access competitors' email and instant messaging services.

Microsoft made an unsolicited offer for Yahoo on Friday, and Yahoo has said it is considering the proposal.
Microsoft's Kevin Johnson said that the combination of the two companies would create an entity that could better compete with Google.
"Today the market [for online search and advertising] is increasingly dominated by one player," he said.
But that view is not held by the top executives at Google.

source: bbc

yahoo + msn search engine is still far behind to reach google's serps relevancy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Google is not worried at all. Most of the yahoo/ MSN/ Live users depends upon Google when they need to search something.

This is what the BBC has to say about it....

Google has said it finds Microsoft's $44.6bn (£22.65bn) bid to buy rival Yahoo "troubling" and wants regulators to scrutinise the proposed deal.
In a blog, Google said the tie-up could unfairly limit the ability of consumers to freely access competitors' email and instant messaging services.

It said Microsoft had previously sought "to establish proprietary monopolies".

Microsoft made an unsolicited offer for Yahoo on Friday, and Yahoo has said it is considering the proposal.

Steve Ballmer, Microsoft's chief executive, told analysts at a briefing on Monday the proposed takeover would create a "strong number two competitor"....

But that view is not held by the top executives at Google.

"Microsoft's hostile bid for Yahoo raises troubling questions," said David Drummond, Google's senior vice president for corporate development and chief legal officer.

"This is about more than simply a financial transaction, one company taking over another. It's about preserving the underlying principles of the internet: openness and innovation," he said in a company blog.

"While the internet rewards competitive innovation, Microsoft has frequently sought to establish proprietary monopolies - and then leverage its dominance into new, adjacent markets," he said.

In 2004 the European Commission fined Microsoft 497m euros for abusing its market dominance, a ruling the US company finally lost on appeal in September last year.

Last edited:
I personally think Google is partly scared and partly seeking revenge because of all the "spanner" Microsoft kept throwing in Google's acquisition of Doubleclick.

Google is scared because prolly MSN + Yahoo Publisher Network can outrank Google AdSense/AdWords . I think the war is in Ads and MSN/Yahoo knows they cant fight Google in search engine arena as of the moment.

It will take many many years for the combination of YPN and MSN to even come close to AdSense, for a start, YPN is available only in the US, and that has been the case for a few years now, AdSense is world wide.

In fact even after a long time YPN is still available only for US :( Maybe they can't handle it worldwide.

Infact i am also thinking that 'yahoo + msn search engine is still far behind to reach google's serps relevancy'

DON.

From my observation of our contest looks like Yahoo results were much more relevant than Google's even though Yahoo spiders work much slower...

Google is mostly about backlinks...

well, at l;east it means there's action ahead, I like the idea that they're in closer competition now ... let's wait and see how this evolves; very interesting

Google need not worry

Microsoft will just wreck yahoo and google will get even more traffic

MSN and live.com suck big time

Time will disclose the end result what ever will be happening with yahoo and Google will definitely get monopoly if yahoo agrees on the Microsoft offer.

Now after Yahoo has rejected of the Microsoft's offer replying it's too low for Yahoo. The amazing thing seems to be the Microsoft's comments on it. This will definitely go around for the coming days.

Now after Yahoo has rejected of the Microsoft's offer replying it's too low for Yahoo. The amazing thing seems to be the Microsoft's comments on it. This will definitely go around for the coming days.
I know that Yahoo will to reject the offer, let wait and see what Microsoft is going say.

nothing will happen but i couldnt understand why microsoft cant come up with their msn ?
if msn bought yahoo also i believe yahoo plus msn becomes like old msn still worst in field

MI
Back