The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Google site map for wordpress?

I think you can extend this argument to say that even sites do not need sites map as crawlers do eventually crawl all pages.
But if you want your contents indexed withing minutes of posting it, you need Google site map

Nops, not realy Temi.. Because the structure of Blog system is different from the structure of a website. The latter needs an indicator for crawlers to properly index them, hence a sitemap.

@SkinnerW:
John Chow, Darren Rowse..etc

I still maintain that a sitemap is not necessary for a blog.. but necessary for a non-cms website (except if you have a blog which is updated once a month)

I still maintain that a sitemap is not necessary for a blog.

We get you point Wakish, but its more useful if you state the reasons why you think its now necessary for blogs, just for my own personal edification. Your reasons could be stuff I have never thought of before.

Thanks

Yes, SE's will crawl your site w/o a sitemap, but that's like saying that you don't need
a title or description meta tags - Google will pull your content to display on their results.

You don't need one, but like Temi said, you need one! If you want your site to gain in the
SERPs, and have the SEO edge over your competition - please use all the tools at a webmaster's
disposal :)

...@SkinnerW:
John Chow, Darren Rowse..etc

I don't know if you understand what a XML sitemap is and why people are using it, but here is an example that pro-bloggers you mentioned ARE using it:
Code:
http://www.johnchow.com/sitemap.xml

just paste link in your browser and look for yourself...

banners
Back