The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Google site map for wordpress?

No problem, the install process was very easy as I have already installed this modification for my own blog.

- Meti

I have this plugin enabled also. The only thing gets me boiling :boiling: - every other week I get the message "new version available" and I have to download and update it again and again...

Same thing with cforms plugin...

Its actually not a Google site map tool, is just a site map tool. What I dislike about it is the link it added to the creator's page from your site map. If one leaves link on pages to all WP plugin creator, your site footer will be a big link farm

yes, its what I am looking for. Not able to make it work thought. I need to creat two files called sitemap.xml but my permalink structure will not allow it, I need to find a way round that.

Checkout number 2 on the installation instruction:
== Installation ==
1. Upload the full directory into your wp-content/plugins directory
2. Make your blog directory writable OR create two files named sitemap.xml and sitemap.xml.gz and make them writable via CHMOD. In most cases, your blog directory is already writable so you don't need to do anything.
3. Double make sure that your blog directory is writable or two writable files named sitemap.xml and sitemap.xml.gz exist!
4. Activate it in the Plugin options
5. Edit or publish a post or click on Rebuild Sitemap on the Sitemap Administration Interface in the menu under Options -> XML Sitemap

Try first activate sitemap plugin and rebuild site map like it sais here: 5. Edit or publish a post or click on Rebuild Sitemap on the Sitemap Administration Interface in the menu under Options -> XML Sitemap

I just uploaded plugin on few blogs, activated it and everything is working fine...

Thanks for that Martin, it could be the server problem, got the attached error message :(

Attachments

• plugin.jpg
    plugin.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 6
Do you have sitemap.xml and sitemap.xml.gz at your site's root? The plugin should be
able to create those files there. If not, maybe you can just create those two empty files
at your root, CHMOD those to 666, and generate the sitemap plug in via the options again...

Guys just a thought:
- Blogs do not need sitemaps IMHO, only websites (non-cms) need one.
Blogs are already loved by crawlers, so no need to attract or indicate them with sitemaps..

If you don't agree, just browse some pro-bloggers' blog, you will not find a sitemap..

I think you can extend this argument to say that even sites do not need sites map as crawlers do eventually crawl all pages.
But if you want your contents indexed withing minutes of posting it, you need Google site map

If you don't agree, just browse some pro-bloggers' blog, you will not find a sitemap..

How did you look for sitemap on those blogs? And can you give a few examples of those "pro-bloggers" without sitemaps?

MI
Back