The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Google says no to paid links

Nonactiveuser8999

affiliate
Seems to me like Google is trying to own everything as Matt Cutts, the head of web spam team of Google, just announced on his blog that users can report “paidlinks†using Google webmaster’s console.

That’s pretty crappy, he didn’t specified what “paidlinks†means for Google. I mean dir.yahoo.com is selling links, business.com is selling links, right ? What about Text Link Ads, ReviewMe or PayPerPost, they all are selling links in one form or an other...

Google says no to paid links

What do you think about this ?

Since we don't know what is meant by "paidlinks" more information is needed... Googles history has shown that certain big companys always somehow manage be exempt from the rules.

Maybe this action is directed against the webdirectories. As google put more weight on the inlinks people were smart enough for finding out how to help their sites among the changed circumstances. Now the web is full of directories. Not really bring traffic, but counted as backlink. I guess google want to liquidate the links made for robots not for web users.

I don't know what will be the final result if google penalize paid links. Maybe the webmaster forums will start opening hidden forums for link black market :D

sourcer,
You are actually right, I am the one who read this upside down :( I did not read M's blog before commenting on this post, after reading it I found out you are right.
I though it was the age old sell text link or now stuff you reawaken.

I think you could be righ Bagi, as a matter of fact, if you apply for adsense account with a directory, Google will not approve your adsense account
I did just that just a ago with my allskytv directory. Within 1 day they had approved my account. But i didn't add the code yet. Instead i added it to my travel site...

If this is aimed at directories what about yahoo directory and clush?

Jamie,
Did you say your Adsense account was approved via your directory? That is impressive.
I know two people who applied with a directory and were turned down, perhaps their directory was not high enough quality

Some one suggested they remove PR from their tool bar and no one will bother about buying links any more.

Google created the monster that is pr would it hurt anyone if they abolished it?

MI
Back