The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google Product Feed to Shareasale format

Rob P

Hi,

We?re new to the affiliate program and recently opened an account with shareasale. I need to determine the simplest, fastest and cheapest method to converting our Google product feed to the shareasale format. This has to be something we can easily do on a regular basis to keep the list fresh.

Our shopping cart is ASPDOTNETSTOREFRONT 8.x and outputs feeds in XML only. Shareasale wants CSV and they have an example provided. There are no standards for feeds.

Someone hopefully has a solution for this. Any advice?

Rob

Hi Rob,

Sorry I don't know the answer to this right off hand. Doubt anyone would except a SAS merchant who already had to go through it. I would think SAS could help you or give you some ideas.

Here's what I found in Google. Looks like there may be some conversion tools.
convert XML to CSV - Google Search

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the links, I've tried uploading as 'saved as csv' from excel. We'll see how that goes, but something tells me it won't fly with them.

Rob

You probably can write a php script or something to do this so that it automatically passes your xml feed to a csv file format.

Have you tried asking on a php programming forum. Using php may do it dynamically. There are probably also tools on the web that do this, but using these, you probably would have to manually convert the file format each time.

Thanks, we've opted just to build the darn feed. Such a waste as the google feed seems to work very well for search related sales.

So much money is wasted with 'vendor' specific feeds and formatting requirements.

It's a hard life...

MI
Back