The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Google PR Updates

R

rginfotech

Hi,

Google PR update is done .

Have u seen any new alog or change in Google PR updates ?

One of my blog increased from PR2 to PR3. Others remain the same. Never expected Google to update this fast though

It would seem that the PR happened within the last month.

My site was a PR 2, a little while ago and now it is a PR 3.

I am impressed and happy that it went up and not down.

I am not sure why, but i guess those sites may not have updated their content in a while.

~ Mike

OK, i understand now, i thought the overall PR would class towards all the links, content and other SEO bits and pieces.

Anyways, I am off now... Peace Out till next time.

~ Mike

PR update has nothing to do with site contents update, mainly with 3rd party sites linking to your site.

Yes, the PageRank of a site has nothing to with frequency of content updates.

However, Google takes into account this information (along with a load of other information) when determining where a page should be listed for a particular search phrase. So, even though regularly updated content may not increase your PageRank, it may increase your search position. The PageRank is not the only factor in determining where a site should be listed and I think some people need to make this distinction. The PageRank is an important factor of the overall ranking algorithm.

Google determines the placement for a page on more than just the PageRank. Do a search for the Google patent (in Google!) to learn about what other things the ranking algorithm looks for.

In terms of weighting - I agree that there is a lot more emphasis put on backlinks than having regularly updated content though.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah content and traffic are important... but PR is important only in google on their search results not on the other search engines like yahoo etc. Most of my sites are still the same PR and one of them was go down from PR3 to PR2. I don't know what was happening... :(

banners
Back