The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google PR Update

surreypcsupport

affiliate
For some reason this thread was closed but I wanted to add an update:

http://forums.ukwebmasterworld.com/general-webmaster-talk/16451-google-page-ranking-update-3.html

In this thread I said;

No change as yet - still zero but then I only put the site up on 16th September and only just getting to the point where I'm completely happy with the content. 2 - 4 more hours needed to get the page titles etc spot on.

I now know which key phrases I will be optimising for going forward so I can start building those backlinks. I'm hoping to get to page rank 2 for a few of my pages by the next update in the spring.

Just checked my page rank and I am now 2 on my home page as planned. Nice. Also have a fewer inner pages that are now ranked PR1.

OK page rank is fairly meaningless in reality but nevertheless to be rewarded for optimisation effort is always nice. PR2 for a 6 month old site seems pretty good to me. :)

For some reason this thread was closed but I wanted to add an update:

http://forums.ukwebmasterworld.com/general-webmaster-talk/16451-google-page-ranking-update-3.html

In this thread I said;

Just checked my page rank and I am now 2 on my home page as planned. Nice. Also have a fewer inner pages that are now ranked PR1.

OK page rank is fairly meaningless in reality but nevertheless to be rewarded for optimisation effort is always nice. PR2 for a 6 month old site seems pretty good to me. :)

Congrats for that mate. Keep working and you'll get better PR value then this in future.

DON.

Well done! Don't get too caught up in what your PR is, though - it's a nice indication of how sites are linking to you but not necessarily the most important thing. Plenty of low PR sites rank highly.

I agree with sbanks, the pr has not much relativity no more. It is always nice to have it but has low impact. There are plenty of not great websites with high pr and plenty of low pr sites with great quality.

And like he said the ranking can be better in either one in the real serps, whether it has pr or not..

Sometimes i just wish Google got rid of the green bar lol.. save a lot of debate.. hehehe..

Thanks for the advice guys but if you read my original post carefully you would have seen that I said:

"OK page rank is fairly meaningless in reality" :)

My PR stayed the same at 2 for the homepage, which is not accurate considering the amount of work I put into the site over the years.

Its an insult, and further proof that Google failed to provide an accurate measuring tool for websites. Pagerank is entertainment and nothing more.

Well done! Don't get too caught up in what your PR is, though - it's a nice indication of how sites are linking to you but not necessarily the most important thing. Plenty of low PR sites rank highly.

Agree with sbanks.. I know PR is also important because it signifies how much backlinks your site has gathered. However, it's still best to focus more on increasing your keyword rankings (competitive keywords) in seach results page. This will provide your site with higher organic traffic from search engines, thus may also help increase your site's conversion or sales.

I have seen so many sites that have high page rank but still they don't get good traffic..

banners
Back