The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Godaddy

raider23

affiliate
I use godaddy for all of my hosting but I have had comments that it is unreliable

I have no evidenceof this but would be intereset to see if anyone else has. i would hate to see my sites go down

Thanks

Hi Richard,

The bigger the host and the more users it has, the more complaints you will see typically,
just the law of numbers.

EVERY host goes down sometimes. Although GoDaddy would not be my choice for hosting it's not a bad choice. I don't think a host can get that big but letting sites go down or by offering terrible support.

If you haven't been through it yet MOVING to a new host can be a nightmare and you can have downtime moving. So I strongly recommend not moving unless you need to and remember there is NO perfect host. They all go down at times.

So don't move just because you've heard complaints. Only if your site goes down multiple times for too long and they are not supportive in helping you get it back up!

When I was on godaddy hosting I experienced alot downtime and site was really really slow. Then I switched hosts and all problems went away. I still have my domain from godaddy =)

I used GoDaddy for a while and did not have any problems with it. I had a payment issue once but they where very helpful and gave me a refund on something I purchased.

Hector

I've had no problems with godaddy and even have found their customer service to be alert and helpful. For a cheap domain and hosting service, it really can't be beat for functions and features avaliable for the price.

Been using GoDaddy.com for a long time and can't really complain - frankly, I'd say 98 percent of the time I'm 110 percent satisfied. Once in a while (here's the other 2 percent) I have noticed lagging on my sites, although I'm not always so sure it's GoDaddy's fault. It will often happen simultaneously with other sites I visit that I know aren't hosted by GoDaddy.

But never, in all the years I've been using their service, has a site gone down totally. But I think there are a lot of really good hosts out there now - it's quite competitive and that's good for us. :)

One thing that stopped me from purchasing domains from godaddy is they do not provide a secure registration information service so that people can't get your name and address using lookups like whois etc. Instead of your details they find generic info from the registration company. Although this is usually a paid feature, GD don't offer it. So i moved on.

Nigel

I have switched over to Hostgator. I have several sites and I can host as many as I like for about $25 a much better deal

I would recommend namecheap for your domains (you get free private reg for 1 year) and hostgator for webhosting, hostica are good too

My GoDaddy experience

I was a big user of GoDaddy hosting. What I found was that a basic website ran very well on Godaddy. The problems I experienced was when I hosted a database oriented website on GoDaddy. It seemed that the mysql databases were stored on separate servers than the base website. And the interaction between the servers was rather slow. So I moved from GoDaddy as a result.

I also recommend hostgator. I am working from asia, and if I have a mid day support issue, I can file a ticket and its usually resolved or responded to in an hour or so. (This is late night US time) I am extremely happy with their support. Make sure you write your own 404 pages though, their default ones are full of advertising.

You can do private registrations in go daddy now(it costs extra), I use them all the time for registrations.

I've used GoDaddy for most of my domain name registrations for several years. I have never hosted a domain there, although I have left a few parked and I am currently in a trial offer with their cash parking (not thrilled yet).

I like the ease of registering and managing the domains and they do offer a privacy service that I used on a site I developed for one of my organizations. It's one of the very obvious options when you're checking out a domain registration or renewal.

I have a personal preference NOT to host where I register, preferring to keep those functions completely separated when I can. That being said, I have 2 domains that I received "free" with my hosting at one company and I expect that someday I will have a small hassle transferring them. I usually plan ahead so that I can do things like transfer prior to moving any hosting services.

One of the things I always liked about GoDaddy in managing domains is the ease of transfer, especially between accounts there. I've heard some horror stories in the past about browsing for domain names and then finding them gone when you go back to register, so I usually do my research elsewhere until I'm pretty sure I've made up my mind.

Although I have nearly 300 domains registered at Godaddy, I too do not host there. I like to keep mine seperate as well.

I've been very happy hosting at Servint.net for many years.

I have a personal preference NOT to host where I register, preferring to keep those functions completely separated when I can.

I'm with you on that Judi. I use NameCheap as a registrar and really like them. They just started
offering hosting but I would never host there, because like you I like to keep things separate.

banners
Back