The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Getting Started - Next Step After Building Affiliate Site

misstnt

O.k I have already created a website promoting the affiliate programs I belong to. What should I do next? Also do traffic exchanges and safelists really work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Traffic exchanges and safelists are sort of old school marketing.
I associate them with biz opps, ebooks and MLM so you may be getting some info that's more about that type of marketing. I'm not certain those were ever good sources of traffic but they really arent at all now.

What next?

1) Have you optimized the site for search engines? (SEO)
2) Started working on getting inbound links? (which helps with search ranking)
3) Looked into or started any Web 2.0/social marketing types of exposure?

You'll find tips about each thing above in each related 5 Star forum or use our search feature for more info. OR just ask more specific questions here and we'll try to point out some good threads. I didn't want to start digging any up if you already know everything about 1,2,3.

Also, make sure that you really have informative and useful (and truthful) content on your web pages. This will be a huge factor in getting inbound links to your site.

Another thing you can do is start blogging about things that relate to your site and link your posts back to your site. This helps in the search engines by keeping fresh content rolling in. The search engines love blogs.

As far as traffic exchanges go, I would only advertise your leads capture page on them Make sure you give them a good reason to opt in to your list such as giving away a free report or e book or offering a mini-course.

Safelists are, in my opinion, the most annoying and useless waste of your marketing time you can get involved in. There is only 1 list builder that I have ever found useful in my experience. See, everyone who's in a safelist is promoting some kind of business or product. They only really open the emails to get credits and rarely, if ever, actually read the messages. The only thing you'll get is a really full inbox.

If you do try safelists, make sure to get a gmail account 1st.

There are many ways to get traffic to your site but you have to make sure to collect your visitors information and engage them with great content to get real results.

Sheree

banners
Back