The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Getting indexed in Bing/Yahoo.

StackCash

affiliate
Hey guys,

I've had my site up for about 2+ weeks now. About 10+ pages of my site have been indexed by Google, but nothing is being picked up by Yahoo or Bing. I know that I can just submit the site to those engines, but I think I read somewhere that this may hurt my rankings. Is there any truth to that? Should I just build back links consistently and wait for them to find the site naturally?

It's doubtful it will hurt you. It's more that it's unnecessary and I don't think there's ever been any evidence that's it speeds up the process.

Do you see Bingbot in your log stats as visiting the site? Have you set up a Bing Webmaster Tools account? Bing Webmaster Tools

Also, two or three weeks is not very long at all in search engine time.

I've been keeping an eye out for various spiders/crawlers. Haven't seen Bing yet. I'm setting up webmaster tools as we speak. Thanks Minstrel.

Hi forum people,

Wow, that is a very good question. When I started in seo five years ago, I found my site would automatically move up in yahoo but it took much more time to rank in Google. After reading this post I checked my site (which is half way up page one in Google) and it doesnt appear in the first three pages of Yahoo. Similarly I am eerily absent from bing.

Now while Google has the vast market share of searches, this is a little annoying. if i dont get a yahoo or bing webmasters tools account will I be penalized - or should I say how much will it help with the rankings?

All I can think of is that Google is much better at indexing sites earlier than the other two (which kills off the idea of google sandbox for new sites)

banners
Back