The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Generating revenue which will help you quit your 9-5 job

Sandra88

affiliate
Working online is the best kind of job anyone can ask for. The 'secret' to making it online is basically concentrating on one business module, getting success in that field and moving on to the next. Most people want to venture into different sections of internet marketing at the same time and most of the time don't succeed because they are all over the place. Try one thing at a time then move on to the next.

I completely agree. With e-business building, persistence is a key factor. Many times, people expect too much too fast and give up. Getting over the hump is solved by keeping on and a lot of people don't realize that.

I agree, there are so many ways to make money online people sometimes try to do all at once, stick to on business model and one traffic source. Then don't stop until it is working

OMG, I keep telling myself this but i think i have ADD!!! (Attention Deficit Disorder) I can't focus 100% on any one thing, especially when that one thing hasn't brought a dime of revenue for more than 30 days!!! How long should i give it before moving on to the next thing. I had a physical business and i think that is alot of the reason it failed - Im scattered and my partner did NOT compliment that. He was just lost and didn't know WHAT to do so i found myself not only trying to focus on 500 things but trying to teach him how to do that also. hahahah Now im trying my hand and affiliate marketing but hey - no luck so far

OMG, I keep telling myself this but i think i have ADD!!! (Attention Deficit Disorder) I can't focus 100% on any one thing, especially when that one thing hasn't brought a dime of revenue for more than 30 days!!! How long should i give it before moving on to the next thing. I had a physical business and i think that is alot of the reason it failed - Im scattered and my partner did NOT compliment that. He was just lost and didn't know WHAT to do so i found myself not only trying to focus on 500 things but trying to teach him how to do that also. hahahah Now im trying my hand and affiliate marketing but hey - no luck so far

I never made money for the first 2 years in affiliate marketing, I had a couple of $100 days,even had a fluke $500 day day but nothing that gave me an income month after month.
It takes time to make money online, stick at it and you will make money. Give yourself a year to learn everything needed to succeed.

this is my personal suggestion. it's quite difficult to earn a living with affiliate marketing, but you can earn good part-time income.

i think the best would be to continue working a full-time job (if you are lucky enough to have one), do affiliate marketing, save up and invest into some kind of other business or real estate. main thing is to be frugal. overall, it's becoming harder and harder to make money with software alone, there are more and more people trying to earn a living online every day.

wait, it's easy to make money online. Means just few dollars, as you say, a part time job. Ok. The problem here is that you want a monthly wage, and a good one.

This is difficult, but it is possible to reach. If we always say, it's difficult, it's difficult, it's like we are convincing the beginners to give up.

(yes, we are eliminating easily the competition).

And I don't like it. Let's help each other, win/win.

wait, it's easy to make money online. Means just few dollars, as you say, a part time job. Ok. The problem here is that you want a monthly wage, and a good one.

This is difficult, but it is possible to reach. If we always say, it's difficult, it's difficult, it's like we are convincing the beginners to give up.

(yes, we are eliminating easily the competition).

And I don't like it. Let's help each other, win/win.

I completely agree with you. Though I do believe e-business is the next generation of making a living, but it is risky to be solely reliant on it as your source of only income. Getting a job is more secured in terms of having stable income flowing in, but it's all about taking risks and having a plan intact.

If you believe you can do it, go for it! Just make sure you always have a backup in mind.

30 Days!!! Come on now?:eek:

You have been seeing too many of the many online get rich quick scams that say "How I made $378,974.63 in 11 days" B.S. We can guarantee that if that person really did make that money; or not, probably he didn't, or if he did so after many years of learning from a successful millionaire mentor the BASICS!

There is no magic pill, no quick fix, no short cut under the radar Black hat, White hat secret code or any other of the trash some website videos spew out to get your money into their greedy hands.:rolleyes:

REAlITY CHECK!l

It will take very hard working determined people on average 5 to 6 months to start earning a regular monthly income and at least 12 to 18 months before earning enough to even think about quitting their 9 to 5 job. So are you prepared to learn from a real millionaire mentor or will you keep giving money away to fake Guru liars selling worthless trash?:mad:

For Pete's sake people get in into your heads all you get rich overnight dreamers. You must be prepared to WORK hard for the next 18 months to 2 years and then some if you truly desire the Internet millionaire lifestyle. Otherwise stick to your day jobs.

Stephen & Jennifer.:cool:

For the most part I agree with Stephen & Jennifer.

We are not trying to discourage anyone, we are trying to tell you there is a price for everything.

If you want to be a doctor, you have to pay the price of 8 plus years of school, internship and much more. Consider the debt for the schooling they take on their shoulders, but they make a lot of money compared to others.

Everything has a price and people are lazy & impatient now because of modern conveniences. Back just 100 years or so, you have to plow, plant, water and weed for over 3 months to get food. You had to cut firewood in the summer so it would burn to keep you warm in the winter after it dried out.

Businesses are built. How long does it take to build a house? what about a large hospital or even a city?

Your goals will take longer to complete based on the measure of time needed to make it to where you can profit. the bigger the project, the longer wait to reaching your goal. Nature teaches us this.

I can take an affiliate site and get it well above the 10k per month mark in 90 to 120 days, but i have been doing it for over 10 years. That is a lot of real world college for you to step in against immediately, and there are thousands and thousands that are capable of doing what was previously stated.

Study, test and do it better than the competition or you will be at the back of the crowd.

This takes time to learn because affiliate marketing is not just one simple concept. You need a quality design on your site/blog, You need the matching social pages, you need good copy inside of your content or it is worthless to you and users of your properties.

You need to work social daily and you need to promote your content with multiples of avenues.

There are no more SEO's, email list only people, Media Buys, SEM or wherever the flavor of the day is marketing. You now have to be able to leverage all of them, keep up with changes, sales, promotions and so forth from the vendors.

It is a business and that is a full time job times 2 for anyone who does this that makes a living at it, but once you get it and find your grove, you can make your wildest dreams a reality.

Always strive for perfection. You will never get there, but you only have to be ahead of the crowd to make your dreams a reality.

We are not trying to discourage anyone, we are telling you what it takes to make your dreams come true. I would advise that those of you that are new to affiliate marketing to look at this is a road map.

You can do it...if you are willing to pay the price short term for long term financial freedom.

I agree, there are so many ways to make money online people sometimes try to do all at once, stick to on business model and one traffic source. Then don't stop until it is working

Excellent point! So many people fail because they jump from one thing to the other - amongst other things.

Here's a blog post about why so many fail online:
{link to own site deleted}

It helps to know the traps :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A good post with only one correction required. Plow should be plough at least that is how we spell it in the UK. Is plow the USA spelling in which case, our opologies?:eek:

You are absolutely right that online business be it affiliate or Internet marketing always takes time for beginners to become successful doing. So many products are sold online with ridiculous exagerated claims of overnight incomes at the click of a mouse.:mad:

I have challenged many of these product sellers to provide real as opposed to those faked proofs they use to sell such trash and yet not one of them has accepted our demand because all of them are liars and few of them are still in business?:p

If such miracle software could replace many months of learning and hard work then surely everyone with any ambition would be using them and very quickly quit their full time jobs?:rolleyes:

There was a wave of them all selling for $37 or $47 although very often the real price was hidden behind several upsells to add insult to injury for a worthless scam that never worked as they claimed?:mad:

Today very few of them are being released especially after Clickbank closed most of them down and forced them to go elsewhere. So finally people are waking up to the reality that making money takes time, money and learning how to do it before a single penny might be earnt.:)

Also as we and many others are always banging on about, list building and forming a relationship with that list should always precede selling anything. Credibility has tobe established because people take time to trust and like someone they don't yet know. Once they realise that the person who they signed up to wants to help them and not as so many others, only take money out of their wallet, some sales might eventually be made.:D

Looking after those on your list and treating them as people the way we all like to be treated is the best way to begin and create a life changing business in 2 to 5 years. There are no short cuts or quick fixes and there never will be!:cool:

Regards,

Stephen & Jennifer.

A good post with only one correction required. Plow should be plough at least that is how we spell it in the UK. Is plow the USA spelling in which case, our opologies?:eek:

You are absolutely right that online business be it affiliate or Internet marketing always takes time for beginners to become successful doing. So many products are sold online with ridiculous exagerated claims of overnight incomes at the click of a mouse.:mad:

I have challenged many of these product sellers to provide real as opposed to those faked proofs they use to sell such trash and yet not one of them has accepted our demand because all of them are liars and few of them are still in business?:p

If such miracle software could replace many months of learning and hard work then surely everyone with any ambition would be using them and very quickly quit their full time jobs?:rolleyes:

There was a wave of them all selling for $37 or $47 although very often the real price was hidden behind several upsells to add insult to injury for a worthless scam that never worked as they claimed?:mad:

Today very few of them are being released especially after Clickbank closed most of them down and forced them to go elsewhere. So finally people are waking up to the reality that making money takes time, money and learning how to do it before a single penny might be earnt.:)

Also as we and many others are always banging on about, list building and forming a relationship with that list should always precede selling anything. Credibility has to be established because people take time to trust and like someone they don't yet know. Once they realise that the person who they signed up to wants to help them and not as so many others, only take money out of their wallet, some sales might eventually be made.:D

Looking after those on your list and treating them as people the way we all like to be treated is the best way to begin and create a life changing business in 2 to 5 years. There are no short cuts or quick fixes and there never will be!:cool:

Regards,

Stephen & Jennifer.

I have to comment on your posting style because I have been thinking this for days and have been trying to inhibit my urge to reply...

You say

Credibility has to be established

I have to say that the way you construct your posts does not lend itself to credibility at all, in my opinion.

When I am searching for something, anything - a product, a service, and I click through from Google to find a page littered with red type, bolding all over the page, underlining all over the page, highlighting, and on and on, I click back to the search results immediately and go on to the next result.

I'm sure that somewhere you learned that this was the way to create good compelling copy and make multiple sales, and maybe it has even worked for you in the past. Frankly, it screams "pressure selling" and "scam", like Billy whatever his name was who yelled at you from late night television ads.

If it ever worked, it's become a dinosaur in sales techniques.

I can't even read most of your posts here. It hurts my eyes and it hurts my head.

I would strongly advise you to rethink your sales and marketing techniques and join the rest of us in 2013... almost 2014.

Totally my opinion as an individual and not at all in my capacity as a forum administrator...

And I also totally accept that others may disagree with what I have said here.

Take my comments for what they are worth and feel free to ignore them entirely if you so choose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with minstrel. It does still work on some, but most of the Internet crowd is getting pretty savvy to pressure tactics.

The most effective methods are not in bold, or underlined or any kinder colors (although color coordination plays a big part).

If you learn to use the right triggers your pitch can look as normal as the post that minstrel wrote and be 10 times as effective.

Bold, Highlighting, bold type and underlining is SEO tricks that were outdated in 2006 and has absolutely no effect on sales.

Because of modern sciences, they are archaic (obsolete).

Hate to say this because you guys work hard at helping others, but in reality, you are making yourselves look like noobs.

It is obvious to the old blood that you guys are fairly new to this game or you would not be so focused on "The List", and leaving your vehicle to wealth totally undone. Let me explain.

Internet marketing is a business as you stated.

Would you agree that a car is totally useless if you do not have the keys? Give the keys back and take the steering wheel, it is still worthless without a way to steer the car.

Focusing on one thing now is like cutting someones head off to get rid of lice, does not make much sense.

You need to learn the power of words because that is the most powerful tool you have in your arsenal.

It will help you with content, it will help you with social, it will help you with your list and just about everything you do online.

I am in no way saying to dump your list as it is valuable, but if you do not use the right words, that list is 100% worthless.

Hope you understand why minstrel made the post, he is actually trying to help, constructive criticism if you will.

The best advice I can give you is to drop focus on the list and start marketing through multiple channels, or you will fail miserably.

There is no one solution anymore, and actually never was. It has always beehn this way I suppose with any business.

MI
Back